OrangePI One (H3) and DVI monitor problem

f82

Hello,

I've the Pi One H3 version that I always used with a HDMI to VGA adapter that worked ok until lately that stopped working. So I was thinking to connect the board to a TV monitor having DVI connection. I've tried both stable and experimental version of Armbian o.s. and it shows the same problem, basically it boots ok at native resolution (1280x768 60Hz) until it starts the desktop GUI and it goes to "no signal". If I return to the text console mode the monitor feel the signal again and at the same native panel resolution.

I've tried both HDMI to DVI adapter at the monitor side and also an HDMI to DVI adapter and using a DVI cable on the board side and nothing change. I tried forcing the enviroment variable to set the native resolution but it already booted at the correct one.

I've read about problems with DVI adapters and maybe some line to add for compatibility problems or whatever. Any hints? Are there any file to edit to add these without using scripts or external tools?

The monitor works with a Raspberry Pi so I suppose is just something to set correctly to make it work.

Thanks! :)

I'll try the log command but I don't think it's a problem on the Pi One side but more a problem on the monitors side. Meanwhile I tried to uninstall the LXDE gui version and install LXQT instead to see if it was some installation problem and nothing change. I suppose my DVI TV has an old connection not compatible with modern HDCP modes and needs some tweaks in the settings. The version that were working until I changed the monitor (the hdmi-vga adapters stopped working for real, I tried even a dvd player on it and I suppose they were burned with the Pi hdmi output or they already were used too much) with both Bullseye Debian 5.10.9 sunxi o.s. and now 5.10.4 sunxi stable version. The only modifications I did and was working until the vga adapter died, was to install LXDE instead of XFCE that I think feels heavier than the first.

I read somewhere here in the forum there were some lines to configure DVI monitors but I didn't understand which file should be edited. I'm sure if I had a HDMI monitor it would works as usual.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.