armbian not booting from sdcard sun50iw9p1

geekinlinux

im new to armbian, 

i'm trying to convert android tv box to armbian.
im not sure about hardwre,```cpuz``` shows hardware as `sun50iw9p1`
and google maps it to `Allwiner H6` 

i followed the video and now my box never try to boot from sdcard.

am i following right article 
is `aml_autoscript` requried, some articles run this script from `back up and update` app ,but this video didn't talk about it.
can any one help me what went wrong.

Edited by geekinlinux

On 1/30/2021 at 5:04 PM, Alexx said:

Hello Daniel,

go and download image from  https://users.armbian.com/balbes150/arm-64/ . I had  Armbian_20.10_Arm-64_bionic_current_5.9.0.img.xz and yesterday crashed my ssd and now i am trying Armbian_20.10_Arm-64_bullseye_current_5.9.0_desktop.img.xz . Both work ok. If you want you can try and the other images.

Then follow the instructions from the link below (from 2step)

https://forum.armbian.com/topic/12988-armbian-for-amlogic-s905x3/?do=findComment&comment=109829

For .dtb i am using the meson-sm1-sei610-ethfix.dtb from this post https://forum.armbian.com/topic/12988-armbian-for-amlogic-s905x3/?do=findComment&comment=108204 and it is ok.

Good luck

im using ``sun50iw9p1`` i think `h616` does this image work and which dtb and u-boot file should i use. 

2 hours ago, geekinlinux said:

im using ``sun50iw9p1`` i think `h616` does this image work and which dtb and u-boot file should i use. 

@geekinlinux This is the second post you have posted essentially asking the same question.  You posted this in completely the wrong place (as this has nothing to do with a TX3 X3 box).  Please follow common etiquette and post things in the proper place.  Also I think you question was answered above by Werner who linked to a thread that states:

"Before complaining about an issue read this!

tl;dr: Put your Zero2 and/or any other H616 based device on the shelf and WAIT for proper support to come. And no. There is no ETA. Assuming usable state end 2021/beginning 2022"

@geekinlinux your post is now in the correct location.  And if you have read the responses written to you so far, it should be obvious that the CPU you have (H616) is a new cpu and there is no support for it yet.  I would recommend coming back in 6 months or a year to see if there has been progress on support for the CPU you have.

@SteeMan thank you so much for the information. before i close this issue 

• i understood that i have to wait and there is no doubt.
  • is there article that guides me building (give a try mean while) the image my self for this hardware, if that's not possible just say no i'll close this.

Thank you.