Random reboots

axeleroy

Hi,

I'm very pleased with my Helios 64, but since I updated to Armbian 20.11.6 (from 20.08.11 or 21, not really sure) it reboots at random times: it can run fine for over two weeks and reboot twice in 36 hours, always when idling.

It's running OMV as well a multiple Docker containers: PiHole, Wireguard, Nginx, Transmission, restic-server and n8n.

Is it a common issue? What fixes do you recommend? What should I look for to diagnose the issue?

Thank you.

Edit: forgot to mention that I'm using SnapRAID and mergerFS, as well as NFS shares.

Edited by axeleroy

It happened again.

Should I try updating to the Armbian version that jiust came out?
When should I run armbianmonitor (whenever I can or just after a reboot?) and what should I be looking for (because nothing seems odd to me, but I'm not that of an advanced user)

Thanks !

Am 8.2.2021 um 04:25 schrieb gprovost:

@axeleroy

Hi, could try to the following tweak and then report to us if it helps stabilizing your system.

Run armbian-config, go to -> System -> CPU

And set:

Minimum CPU speed = 1200000

Maximum CPU speed = 1200000

CPU governor = performance

Does it make a difference which minimum Speed is used? I would prefer to set the lowest CPU Speed as minimum to save energy use when there is low CPU usage.

Am 8.2.2021 um 04:25 schrieb gprovost:

@axeleroy

Hi, could try to the following tweak and then report to us if it helps stabilizing your system.

Run armbian-config, go to -> System -> CPU

And set:

Minimum CPU speed = 1200000

Maximum CPU speed = 1200000

CPU governor = performance

I had a similar issue with random reboots. Did DM @axelroy directly and also "tweaked" the system.

I am running the helios now for almost 2 weeks without issues with the following settings:

Min CPU speed = 400 MHz

Max CPU speed = 1400 MHz

CPU governor = on demand

So it seems that the helios was rebooting when having to deal with intensive tasks - in my case: performing a SnapRAID scrub. Anyhow: Now I am at maximum speed of 1400MHz whereas the helios could perform even on 1800MHz. The question is if this is a problem by design? Or is there a way to fix it in order to let the machine run full CPU speed and performance governor? I am happy with the machine, no doubt, at the end this is rather a question of how I can achieve the maximum speed if needed.