Alert! LABEL=Rootfs does not exists

Janaboy

Hi All,

So i have decide to update my system with a clean install.

First of all i have a Beelkink Mini MXIII S905 box, i had running so far 19.04 Ubuntu (updated to 19.10).

I have downloaded this image: Armbian_20.10_Arm-64_focal_current_5.9.0_desktop.img.xz and wrote to an SD card, booted up.

extlinux.conf:

FDT /dtb/amlogic/meson-gxbb-p200.dtb

APPEND root=LABEL=ROOTFS rootflags=data=writeback rw console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0 

I use s905 u-boot > u-boot.ext

The dtb should be the good one as i used that for my previous linux.

When i boot i get this error:

ALERT! LABEL=ROOTFS does not exists!

I have tried 2 different SD cadrs, but the same.

Anybody has any idea what can be the problem?

Thanks

Have you reenabled multiboot from your new SD card (i.e. pressing the reset button during power on, or one of the other methods mentioned in the forums).  The booting procedure is different from your old install to the new one.  You would need to install the new multiboot setup for the bootloader to know where things are in your new SD card.

Yes, i have restored the Android and used this method:

option A

- Connect the prepared media to the device and turn on the power, boot into Android
- Open the app "Update&Backup"
- Click on "Select" local update and chose the file on the removable media aml_autoscript.zip
- Start "Update"
- System will reboot twice and start running the system from external media.

For me the option B never worked. 

The only thing, that i guess it did not restart twice. 

btw is that normal that aml_autoscript.zip size is 0?

@Janaboy What version of the kernel where you previously running? If you were running an old vendor legacy kernel, there are enough differences between the legacy kernels and mainline kernels that it could explain the dtd issues you are seeing.  As for the dtb's the general idea is to try them all and use the one that works best for your hardware.  In your case try all the meson-gxbb* dtbs.

8 hours ago, SteeMan said:

@Janaboy What version of the kernel where you previously running? If you were running an old vendor legacy kernel, there are enough differences between the legacy kernels and mainline kernels that it could explain the dtd issues you are seeing.  As for the dtb's the general idea is to try them all and use the one that works best for your hardware.  In your case try all the meson-gxbb* dtbs.

Thanks, i spent sever hours but finally have some progress.

First of all i am not sure which kernel i had, i used this img before: Armbian_5.91_Aml-s905_Ubuntu_disco_default_5.1.0_desktop_20190708.img

But yesterday started to play around with the rest of the dtbs and voila the nexbox a95x seems to be working, i have wifi, usb, eth etc.

So finally i could boot from my SD card, then i started to move to emmc, i had some nightmares here.

I used first the install-aml-s905-emmc.sh, seems to copied but after restart it did not want to boot from emmc :(

But still could boot form SD. I have no idea why did not work, but i found that i should use install-aml.sh, so i did.

This is bricked my device so deeply, that i have spent several hours until i could figure out how to short my emmc and restore my android.

But after that i have boot again from SD card and i used at first the install-aml.sh and after reboot it did not boot automatically, i have to use an SD which has an u-boot or similar (created with USB Card maker but deleted all the files).

Now it seems to be working and running from emmc.

Wasn't easy..