Orange Pi Plus 2e - Where is 1,6Ghz and SD ?

ky7en

Hello Armbian users ! :)

I use "ARMBIAN Debian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie) 3.4.112-sun8i" installed on EMMC and  Orange Pi Plus 2e . 

Can you explain two things about Armbian ? 

My image is: Armbian_5.14_Orangepiplus2e_Debian_jessie_3.4.112

1. Why do I have max CPU clocked at 1296.0000 Mhz ?

I read the Orange Pi Plus 2e have Quad Core 1,6 Ghz, right ?

shell> /usr/bin/cpufreq-set -d 912MHz -u 1600MHz -g on demand  # does not work .

2. My Armbian is installed on eMMC 16gb, I use very good script writer by Igor Pecovnik .

How can I boot orangepi with on eMMC and with a second SD card ( for samba ) ? 

Partition:

1. /dev/mmcblk0p1 - boot -  Armbian on eMMC ( work fine ) 

2. Shout be /dev/mmcblk1p1 - SD Card 

file: /boot/boot.cmd 

setenv bootargs "console=tty1 root=UUID=1a71c0ec-cf24-4e48-a7ac-XXXXXXXXXX rootwait rootfstype=ext4 cgroup_enable=memory swapaccount=1 sunxi_ve_mem_reserve=0 sunxi_g2d_mem_reserve=0 sunxi_no_mali_mem_reserve sunxi_fb_mem_reserve=16 panic=10 consoleblank=0 enforcing=0 loglevel=${verbosity}"

Greetings,

kylen

1. Boards are running on good frequency ... we work hard to find those optimized settings. 1.6Ghz is manufacturer "wannabe", marketing number and their settings leads to overheating, mandatory fan usage and lower performance. Check our forum for details - there was some debate on this topics.

2. Once eMMC becomes a boot drive, SD is not accessible. I am not sure we find a solution to access SD card in this scenario. At least it's not know to me ...

Thank you for your reply Igor

Ad.1 Heh, nice marketing shit ;-)

Yes, I check forum for details. 

My Orange Pi Plus 2e works fine with heatsinks on standard freq,  http://imgur.com/iySVMvD .

Ad.2  I hope someone wise person find right solutions, something like a script to switch boot environment with SD card and with system on eMMC . 

Greetings,

kylen

I used this information for Booting with eMMC and with or without SD-Card insert

http://forum.armbian.com/index.php/topic/1187-boot-from-emmc-with-blank-sd-in-slot-bpi-m3/?p=9292

I tested this on Orange PC Plus and works fine

- installation Armbian on sd card (first) / boot / update ...

- then nand-sata-install (copy from SD-card to eMMC) and boot from eMMC without SDCARD

- then cp /boot/script.bin /boot/script.bak (for safety)

- then "bin2fex /boot/script.bin /tmp/script.fex" (or to another directory e.g. /root ...)

- then Change sdc_detmode from 3 to 1 in the script.fex
- then "fex2bin /tmp/script.fex /boot/script.bin"
- then boot systen with e.g. reboot
and now the system booting from eMMC with or without SD-Card.

I use this to greatly expand the home directory. (System on eMMC and Home (User) on SD-Card)
and works fine.

jti

2. Once eMMC becomes a boot drive, SD is not accessible. I am not sure we find a solution to access SD card in this scenario. At least it's not know to me ...

To be precise - SD card is not accessible during boot. But if you boot from eMMC and then insert SD when system is running - everything is OK.

I checked it.

JTI: Thanks, I did as you wrote and i can do mount SD when system is running.

You have right piknew, on my Orange Pi Plus 2e it so as you write, only when system is running i can mount SD card, reboot stops Orange Pi :-/ 

This is not acceptable, Power failure or something and Orange Pi dead  :o .

Greetings,

kylen

I checked it.

JTI: Thanks, I did as you wrote and i can do mount SD when system is running.

You have right piknew, on my Orange Pi Plus 2e it so as you write, only when system is running i can mount SD card, reboot stops Orange Pi :-/ 

This is not acceptable, Power failure or something and Orange Pi dead  :o .

Hi ky7en,

I had the same problem found at boot without modification ago.

On the monitor, i could see a running system in a loop will make a test on a mmcblk?? at boot time.

that's was all. Without monitor was nothing to see where the problem is.

I hope your problem is solved :)

jti

I used this information for Booting with eMMC and with or without SD-Card insert

http://forum.armbian.com/index.php/topic/1187-boot-from-emmc-with-blank-sd-in-slot-bpi-m3/?p=9292

I tested this on Orange PC Plus and works fine

- installation Armbian on sd card (first) / boot / update ...

- then nand-sata-install (copy from SD-card to eMMC) and boot from eMMC without SDCARD

- then cp /boot/script.bin /boot/script.bak (for safety)

- then "bin2fex /boot/script.bin /tmp/script.fex" (or to another directory e.g. /root ...)

- then Change sdc_detmode from 3 to 1 in the script.fex
- then "fex2bin /tmp/script.fex /boot/script.bin"
- then boot systen with e.g. reboot
and now the system booting from eMMC with or without SD-Card.

I use this to greatly expand the home directory. (System on eMMC and Home (User) on SD-Card)
and works fine.

jti

Hello

But with sdc_detmode=1 the sdcard not mount ?