T95RPro

Mr Finch

TV Box Name (example: TX3 mini): Sunvell T95RPro (Identified as Tronsmart Vega S96 by some software / same specs)

CPU (example: amlogic s905w): S912

Armbian build file name: Can't remember, last supported one from Balbes150

DTB file used: meson-gxm-vega-s96.dtb (tested several others working, can't remember which, only this with HDMI audio, none with bluetooth, some with WiFi but HDMI Audio is more important for me.)

Kernel Version: 5.9.0-arm-64

Distribution Installed (focal, buster, etc): Bullseye

Working Ethernet (Yes/No): Yes

Max Ethernet Speed that works (100/1000): Tested speed well over 300mbps, not sure if it reaches 1000mbps since don't have any drive to uphold that over USB.

Does wifi work (Yes/No): Wifi is disabled, can't enable it whatsoever.

Does bluetooth work (Yes/No): No, couldn't manage to make it work at all.

Does HDMI audio work (Yes/No): Yes, flawlessly. (not in every tested .dtb files)

Additional Comments (provide any additional information you feel is important): 

Using a Kingston 32GB uSD Card as primary drive. Not installed to internal yet, nor very convinced to even try it.

Standard USB hard drive bays would not work by just plugging in once the BOX booted on Armbian. (even those that work normally under "factory" Android) Some just won't be recognized, but some will make BOX to freeze.
In order to overcome this, I had to plug them BEFORE turning the BOX on. On some instances I would use an USB-multi-bay with it's own power source that can be turned on and off at will and the BOX will not go bananas.
This box will allow me to plug several hard disks at will be it internal or in any of it's 2 USB ports.

I'm using it as a normal desktop, but also running:

• nginx
  • mariadb(mysql) server
  • a test java website. (quite heavy)
  • and samba server. (primarily is my NAS)

Mostly to fiddle around instead of be messing with the actual servers at production. (Around 700MB RAM required as base.)

Desktop is accessed using VNC and SSH to fiddle with servers.

Made a hole above CPU heatsink to allow heat go out, otherwise mostly all the time would be around 80 degrees, thermaly throtling and making my life misserable. Around 70 to 60 degrees and it will be handlong as any normal desktop.

Planning to add a small fan, just need to find somewhere to connect it in the BOX.

tG4jFxB.png

Desktop.

zCnYI3D.png

Currently copying files from disk to disk (USB) around 2TB already done.

Had to take several services down to make CPU be as cold as possible.
80 degrees and it's thermal throtling like a b... But files being copied around 10 to 15 MB/s, otherwise would reach around 30MB/s (USB2USB)

2fbVfeS.png

Also been using mouse and keyboard connected to a USB docking bay with another 2 USB ports + internal HD and DVD when something needs to be done without network connected or whenever there's no x-server working yet. (reboots, recovery  and stuff)
Until now I've been able to use up to 3 hard drives connected, one at side TVBox USB, one inside USB-multi-bay and one on usb-multi-bay USB port. :P Got 30MB/s from a USB3 HD case connected to multi-bay

Quite the thing...

Been waiting to get a DVD-to-HD bay in order to put another HD on the multi-bay so I could free another USB port. (maybe to connect more hard drives :lol:)

Thinking on some other "multidisk" solutions be it multi disk bays or usb switches for single disk bays......

Would love to have another USB port.
I've been reading about the CPU/SoC and it seems to have another USB available. (OTG)
I tound the pins inside, but it seems it does not work or needs who knows what to enable it.
Been unable to use a even a mouse on it.

(need more hard drives!!!)