Beelink X2 - power ON ??

Erik

Hi,

I'm trying to make a hotspot with the beelink x2.

I have some problems with resume after suspend.

So i have a question about the beelink x2.

Does anybody know if it is possible to start the beelink after a shutdown with the power-button.

If i want to restart it, i have to re-insert the power-cord and the beelink will boot.

Button does nothing.

Thanks.

Erik

Button does nothing.

That's as intended. The 'power button' on all H3 devices can only be used to wake up OS from suspend. So you can send the OS to sleep and are then able to resume from sleep by pressing the button. If you now disconnect power then this is the equivalent to a crash (probably including filesystem corruption).

I would suppose this power on method is used somewhat differently with Android so that when you switch off any H3 device Android doesn't shut the device really down but instead saves settings and then sends the device to 'suspend to RAM' state (less than 0.4W consumption). When power button is pressed later (either physically on the device or on an IR remote) then H3 resumes and does an Android fastboot (to be honest: That's just an assumption because I know exactly NOTHING about Android at all, only that something called 'fastboot' seems to exist there).

TL;DR: The power button on H3 devices is a resume (wake from sleep) button.

Thank you.

You say exactly what i thought would be the case.

Its because i don't want a system crash, and want to prevent this. So i want to use the button (or the IR) to shut down and restart the system. Looks like i got some work to look in a way to get a good startup after resume.

(Networking problems with wlan0 and eth0).

Thanks for your reaction.

Erik