Easy way to up boot precedence for microSD

oneo

Hey there, so I was curious is there an easier way to make microSD take precedence in the boot order then having to futz with jumpers?

Wanting to try out a new distro on microSD before deciding to make the switch and flash it to eMMC.

If I do futz with jumpers I'll still be able to mount and write to the eMMC correct?

The bootloader (u-boot) is configured to try loading OS from SD card first, then if it failed, it will try internal eMMC.

5 hours ago, oneo said:

If I do futz with jumpers I'll still be able to mount and write to the eMMC correct?

You need to remove the jumper just before Linux initialized, otherwise the eMMC would not be detected. More info on our wiki.

21 hours ago, oneo said:

Hey there, so I was curious is there an easier way to make microSD take precedence in the boot order then having to futz with jumpers?

Wanting to try out a new distro on microSD before deciding to make the switch and flash it to eMMC.

@oneo - what distro are you trying out?

On 3/2/2021 at 12:05 AM, aprayoga said:

The bootloader (u-boot) is configured to try loading OS from SD card first, then if it failed, it will try internal eMMC.

You need to remove the jumper just before Linux initialized, otherwise the eMMC would not be detected. More info on our wiki.

Hmm, guess it must be failing then. I'll need to check via my serial cable because it skipped right to eMMC.