RK3228 Reboot Black Screen

MatthewDi

Hello to everyone I hope i can get some help here

So What's my problem? I recently bought a TV Box for use it as  Personal Low-Price PC

I flash the multitool in my SD Card Put the Armbian Image on the folder "Images" and formated the internal eMMc of my Tv Box with Armbian and it run perfectly

I finally had the Armbian OS in the TV Box

So I decided to configure some things After that i shutdown the device and only for curiosity i turned on again and...

Here's the problem:

The screen splashed like it should be The Armbian pre-code was running and then the system doesn't launched it

A black screen is the only thing that show I tried to solve it by myself but i can't do something. And yes the same thing happen when i reboot the system I can only reboot the device only if i do nothing in it (Or change something).

The specifications of my device are... Weird but here is:

-Use a TX3 Pro Board (when is supposed to be a TX3 Mini)

-Use a RK3228A

-and 2Gb Ram DDR3

-The eMMc Internal have 16Gb

And only like a fun fact This Tv Box used the original firmware of a TX3 Mini (And we know that the TX series use Amlogic)

I hope i can get some help here guys

Good Night

Hello, a couple of questions:

1. are you sure you have an eMMC and not a NAND on board? Multitool will tell you if you have a NAND chip with a warning dialog box telling you that rknand device is active. If you didn't see such message, then you have an eMMC (which is better)
  2. Did you run rk322x-config and selected "emmc" in one of its menus? Selecting "emmc" (and not the other "emmc-nand" option) will enable DDR eMMC speed and some other settings: this is generally fine, but on some rare occasions may have some problems. To do troubleshooting, with the multitool use the menu "4. Drop to a shell", mount your existing installation and remove "emmc" from the line that starts with overlays= in  /boot/armbianEnv.txt; then reboot and check if Armbian boots again. In alternative you can - of course - install Armbian from scratch again.