Bluetooth is not working - H96 Max RK3399

rna
Go to solution Solved by rna,

Dear All,

I managed to install Armbian on my H96 Max RK3399 box by using the nano-pc-t4 image Armbian Focal, and rockpro64 dtb.
I am also able to boot to Armbian Twister OS by using Armbian Reforge u-boot as I mentioned in my previous post:

Everything works fine. Even I managed to activate the internal wifi QCA9377 (ath10k_sdio) by installing the Full Armbian Firmware via armbian-config.

I also installed the bluetooth module via armbian-config. The buetooth status is active But the bluetooth is not working.

$ service bluetooth status
● bluetooth.service - Bluetooth service
     Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/bluetooth.service; enabled; vendor pre>
     Active: active (running) since Mon 2021-03-08 20:35:33 WIB; 1h 8min ago
       Docs: man:bluetoothd(8)
   Main PID: 1711 (bluetoothd)
      Tasks: 1 (limit: 4382)
     Memory: 1.5M
     CGroup: /system.slice/bluetooth.service
             └─1711 /usr/lib/bluetooth/bluetoothd

Mar 08 20:35:30 rockpi-4b systemd[1]: Starting Bluetooth service...
Mar 08 20:35:31 rockpi-4b bluetoothd[1711]: Bluetooth daemon 5.53
Mar 08 20:35:33 rockpi-4b systemd[1]: Started Bluetooth service.
Mar 08 20:35:33 rockpi-4b bluetoothd[1711]: Starting SDP server
Mar 08 20:35:33 rockpi-4b bluetoothd[1711]: Bluetooth management interface 1.18>

The systmctl indicates that bluetooth is running

$ systemctl | grep -i bluetooth
  sys-devices-platform-ff180000.serial-serial0-serial0\x2d0-bluetooth-hci0.device               loaded active plugged   /sys/devices/platform/ff180000.serial/serial0/serial0-0/bluetooth/hci0                 
  sys-subsystem-bluetooth-devices-hci0.device                                                   loaded active plugged   /sys/subsystem/bluetooth/devices/hci0                                                  
  bluetooth.service                                                                             loaded active running   Bluetooth service                                                                      
  bluetooth.target                                                                              loaded active active    Bluetooth

But dmesg cannot detect the hardware

$ dmesg |grep -i Bluetooth
[   31.934540] Bluetooth: BNEP (Ethernet Emulation) ver 1.3
[   31.934552] Bluetooth: BNEP filters: protocol multicast
[   31.934572] Bluetooth: BNEP socket layer initialized

Bluetoothctl cannot find the hardware

$ bluetoothctl
Agent registered
[bluetooth]# power on
No default controller available
[bluetooth]# scan on
No default controller available
[bluetooth]# 

Did anyone has experience the same problem? How to setup bluetooth on Armbian Focal? How to solve this problem?
Many Thanks for your help

• rna changed the title to Bluetooth is not working - H96 Max RK3399
  • Solution

I will answer my question myself:

I solved this issue with help from @sickOS from Manjaro forum and this link: https://github.com/maz-1/h96-pro-plus-armbian-stuff/search?q=QCA9377

For the detail of step by step you can see my post on Manjaro forum here: https://forum.manjaro.org/t/manjaro-arm-for-rockchip-tv-boxes/44998/55

But for those of you that need the dtb (I edited the "rk3399-rockpro64.dtb" bluetooth section) you can find it here:

rk3399-H96Max.dtb rk3399-H96Max.dts

It's simple, just copy and paste my "rk3399-H96Max.dtb" into your dtb folder, then change your configuration text to this new dtb. Then restart your box. Your Wifi and Bluetooth should work out of the box. But please make sure that you have installed armbian-full-firmware from armbian-config.

Hope that Helps!

Many Thanks,

rna

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.