Jetson Nano

balbes150

Question

Good news.  :)

Thanks to the work of many, there is now a real opportunity to run the Armbian system with the main core on Jetson Nano, and more importantly, it is easy to integrate the image build process into the official GIT Armbian. In the near future, I plan to post ready-made images with the latest kernel 5.10.22 on the download site. To run them, you need to update u-boot to Jetson Nano. This is very easy to do, just run the latest official version of Ubuntu for Jetson Nano from the SD card, it will update itself in SPI (?) u-boot to the latest version (2020.04), after that you can run Armbian from any SD card or USB media. The new u-boot supports automatic system startup from both media or over the network. Also, now you can build an Armbian image for Jetson Nano yourself, easily build the latest kernel with the necessary options, etc.  

https://users.armbian.com/balbes150/

https://mega.nz/#F!j9QSDQSQ!6WpasOlbZYIInfw6yo4phQ

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/XBRXnig7F1M4rw?w=1

Hey,

thank you for your INFO about the releases. Now, I have installed: Welcome to Armbian 21.08.0-trunk Buster with Linux 5.10.43-station on my nano.jetson - Board and I see now the following information:

lspci -v

01:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Wireless 8265 / 8275 (rev 78)
        Subsystem: Intel Corporation Wireless 8265 / 8275 (Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265)
        Flags: fast devsel, IRQ 18
        Memory at 13000000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable)
           Capabilities: [c8] Power Management version 3
        Capabilities: [d0] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
        Capabilities: [40] Express Endpoint, MSI 00
        Capabilities: [100] Advanced Error Reporting
        Capabilities: [140] Device Serial Number 40-1c-83-ff-ff-42-2d-9f
        Capabilities: [14c] Latency Tolerance Reporting
        Capabilities: [154] L1 PM Substates
        Kernel modules: iwlwifi

It seems like good, but I can't match this Controller to an device. It is necessary, that I must change anything on "boot-config" or how can I enable this interface now with this Kernel?

Or should I reinstall the other on with 4.9 - Kernel to check that?

Best regards

Matthias 

Hey,

thank you for your INFO about the releases. Now, I have installed the 4.9 - Kernel on my nano.jetson - Board and I see now the following information:

01:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Wireless 8265 / 8275 (rev 78)
        Subsystem: Intel Corporation Wireless 8265 / 8275 (Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265)
        Flags: fast devsel, IRQ 84
        Memory at 13000000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable)
        Capabilities: [c8] Power Management version 3
        Capabilities: [d0] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
        Capabilities: [40] Express Endpoint, MSI 00
        Capabilities: [100] Advanced Error Reporting
        Capabilities: [140] Device Serial Number 40-1c-83-ff-ff-42-2d-9f
        Capabilities: [14c] Latency Tolerance Reporting
        Capabilities: [154] L1 PM Substates
        Kernel modules: iwlwifi

with the command: iwconfig
eth0      no wireless extensions.

lo        no wireless extensions.

with the command: wpa_supplicant -i wlan0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf 
Successfully initialized wpa_supplicant
Could not read interface wlan0 flags: No such device
nl80211: Driver does not support authentication/association or connect commands
nl80211: deinit ifname=wlan0 disabled_11b_rates=0
Could not read interface wlan0 flags: No such device
wlan0: Failed to initialize driver interface

or with: wpa_supplicant -i nl80211 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf 
Successfully initialized wpa_supplicant
Could not read interface nl80211 flags: No such device
nl80211: Driver does not support authentication/association or connect commands
nl80211: deinit ifname=nl80211 disabled_11b_rates=0
Could not read interface nl80211 flags: No such device
nl80211: Failed to initialize driver interface

the command: nmcli device show
GENERAL.DEVICE:                         eth0
GENERAL.TYPE:                           ethernet
GENERAL.HWADDR:                         00:04:4B:E6:6C:C2
GENERAL.MTU:                            1500
GENERAL.STATE:                          100 (verbunden)
GENERAL.CONNECTION:                     eth0
GENERAL.CON-PATH:                       /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/ActiveConnection/1
WIRED-PROPERTIES.CARRIER:               an
IP4.ADDRESS[1]:                         192.168.178.50/24
IP4.GATEWAY:                            192.168.178.1
IP4.ROUTE[1]:                           dst = 192.168.178.0/24, nh = 0.0.0.0, mt = 0
IP4.ROUTE[2]:                           dst = 0.0.0.0/0, nh = 192.168.178.1, mt = 0
IP4.ROUTE[3]:                           dst = 169.254.0.0/16, nh = 0.0.0.0, mt = 1000
IP6.GATEWAY:                            --

GENERAL.DEVICE:                         lo
GENERAL.TYPE:                           loopback
GENERAL.HWADDR:                         00:00:00:00:00:00
GENERAL.MTU:                            65536
GENERAL.STATE:                          10 (nicht verwaltet)
GENERAL.CONNECTION:                     --
GENERAL.CON-PATH:                       --
IP4.ADDRESS[1]:                         127.0.0.1/8
IP4.GATEWAY:                            --
IP6.GATEWAY:                            --

Which device-name did you get the WLAN - Module? 

I can't attach the WLAN - Device with every part of commands..... How can I help you /us for solving this problem?

What I find out is, that my FAN works with 4.9 directly and with 5er NOT.

Best regards

Matthias 

...additional information:

if I want to search for wlan0 with: find . -name wlan0 -print, the system show me nothing

if I do the same with eth0, I´ve got this:

./sys/devices/1003000.pcie/pci0000:00/0000:00:02.0/0000:02:00.0/net/eth0
./sys/class/net/eth0

I think, there are no drivers build for using wlan0, or?

With XUBUNTU, NVIDIA it's work very well. 

It seems, that this image has no driver like 

./sys/devices/1003000.pcie/pci0000:00/0000:00:02.0/0000:02:00.0/net/eth0
./sys/class/net/eth0

I can send you one M2.Wifi - Module for helping and spending. Because for me it is really important.

How we can do that? How can I help you here more? 

in the "/boot" - directory there's a file with extension .example and I saw, that there must be "WLAN" to enable for the first running.... But I can't modify the image.

Hi! I just jumped into Jetson Nano, I could burned an image (4.9.201), however, I would like to upgrade the kernel to the latest version. Please, could you tell me how to do it. I just need to download the file into a bootable flash disk? I appreciate some help here. Thank you for your help. 

3 hours ago, rparada said:

Hi! I just jumped into Jetson Nano, I could burned an image (4.9.201), however, I would like to upgrade the kernel to the latest version. Please, could you tell me how to do it. I just need to download the file into a bootable flash disk? I appreciate some help here. Thank you for your help. 

Tried armbian-config -> System -> Other

?

The problem is that appears as Firmware: N/A. I've tried install the firmware following this link https://wiki.debian.org/ath9k_htc/open_firmware and executing sudo apt install firmware-ath9k-htc sudo reboot. 

*-network description: Wireless interface product: AR928X Wireless Network Adapter (PCI-Express) vendor: Qualcomm Atheros physical id: 0 bus info: pci@0000:01:00.0 logical name: wlan0 version: 01 serial: b4:74:9f:b4:7e:96 width: 64 bits clock: 33MHz capabilities: pm msi pciexpress msix bus_master cap_list ethernet physical wireless configuration: broadcast=yes driver=ath9k driverversion=4.9.201-tegra firmware=N/A latency=0 link=no multicast=yes wireless=IEEE 802.11 resources: irq:84 memory:13000000-1300ffff

Hello together,

Yes it seems that the firmware "iwlwifi" was not installed. If I install this firmware I saw, that "wlan0" is enable. Please careful about "wpa_supplicant.conf" -> it doesn't need Country or anything else. Only the "network - Setup" is necessary. Thank' s all for your help.... 

...BUT!

It's only work with these two images:

Armbian_21.08.0-trunk_Jetson-nano_buster_current_5.10.43.img 

Armbian_21.08.0-trunk_Jetson-nano_buster_legacy_4.9.140.img

NOT with the DESKTOP - Images or any other images. I've tested these all of functionality with WLAN.

Is there any information about the FAN-Connector? Because on the Image: Armbian_21.08.0-trunk_Jetson-nano_buster_legacy_4.9.140.img it's work directly from startup and on all the other images NOT.

Best regards from Berlin

Matthias

Thanks Igor, I look after the setting for the fans myself, for example, but it could have been that by chance the person knows what he did differently, for example, in the 4 - images, than in the 5 - image. I also wanted to point out with it also only that I noticed there. It should not come across as a reproach and kind of command from me. For it I maich much too long already around in the computer science, in order to know, what that means. I, for example, have always been grateful for such hints. 

Nevertheless, my extraordinary thanks again to all of you that you deliver a super JOB with the creation of such an image. Thanks for everything & please, if I can help you in any way, feel free to contact me.

6 hours ago, Zhexue. said:

in the 4 - images, than in the 5 - image.

This difference is extreme, especially in custom interesting features, so it's usually not a simple question. Moving functionality from private nonstandard kernel 4 to mainline 5 can easily eat a million which is why we deny all such pleads in a as quick as possible manner. 

Especially in this case, since Nvidia is notoriously non-cooperative with open source. Not sure if anything has changed since.

6 hours ago, Zhexue. said:

if I can help you in any way, feel free to contact me.

By helping the project, by taking some load of from our shoulders https://forum.armbian.com/forum/54-help-wanted/ you help. Yourself and others.

@IgorI fixed the Legacy kernel sources for Jetson-nano in GIT, now the Legacy kernel build on Hirsute is working. No patches are needed in the BUILD system, just the kernel build starts and works. (patches for Legacy that are currently needed in the build system)

On 4/4/2021 at 10:15 PM, hexdump said:

just a little update: i got the open source nouveau gpu driver working with the mainline kernel finally by using a self compiled xorg server from the latest sources (required - see: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/issues/3505), a self compiled mesa 21.0.1 (not sure if this is really required) and the "nouveau.modeset=1" kernel cmdline parameter - what is nice is that it is opengl 4.3

so far the good part, the bad part is that it is extremely slow (glmark2 score of 68) as it is clocked at the lowest gpu frequency by default and trying to increase the gpu frequency via /sys/kernel/debug/dri/128/pstate seems to make the system quite unstable or quickly hangs it (maybe my power supply - 5.1v/3a - is not powerful enough?)

i'm also able to run a wayfire wayland session using the nouveau gpu driver, but it shows quite a few graphical artifacts when scrolling in a terminal or doing other activities - glmark2 score here is 83, but its also for lima or panfrost higher in wayland/wayfire than in xorg/xfce

all in all it looks like the quality of the open source nouveau driver on the jetson nano (maybe even in general?) is not really the best and as it looks to me far behind the quality of the lima and panfrost open source drivers for the mali gpus in other socs

How disappointing!

I have just read on the NVIDIA forums that  they don't plan to update the Nano versions of Jetpack beyond their 18.04 base so I was wondering if anyone had got the open source GPU driver working under Armbian. It seems very odd to me that it should support OGL 4.x yet have such poor performance, worse than the Mali GPU's with 1/10th (or less) of the power. I thought it would beat the Mali GPUs even at the lowest clock speed?

It sounds like someone wrote this open source NVIDIA driver but then nobody actually used or tested it. NVIDIA weren't using it in Jetpack or their other Jetson image so how/why was it written?