IR through Opi PC

Nikolai Asparuhov

Guys you do a great work with these distros, i get my respect and i admire you. Some little problem - i wanna to do automatic smart home and for my old devices that use Infra red signal i don't know how to transmit IR signal with Opi PC. I use ESP like middle-ware (send command to opi pc, that the opi pc send the command to esp which transmit it). Do someone know appropriate solution, because this one is sooo hard working and slow?

Thanks in advance, for the time, support and the work you do!!!!!

Although there is IR transmit driver, it seems that Allwinner forgot to disable it for H3. However, you can try to construct device described here http://www.lirc.org/transmitters.htmland connect it to UART[1-3] DTR line. Of course change to script.bin would be needed. I never made something like that so you are on your own...

EDIT: There are no DTR lines on H3 per se, only CTS/RTS. You could use FT232 for that like here: http://www.huitsing.nl/irftdi/

What is ESP ?

The LIRC UART driver use DTR. Is there a DTR line on H3 UARTs ?

Lirc has a GPIO driver for RPI - a module name lirc_rpi. (Dont know if you can compile it or adapt it for H3 boards and with whitch kernel version). To make a transmitter, you need 2 cheap and common transistors one or two IR LED and resistors - and soldering capabilities ...

Or you could buy a usb/ir transmitter.

After that you need to know or record IR codes for your devices ...

What is ESP ?

I would guess it's ESP8266-based wi-fi - UART module

The LIRC UART driver use DTR. Is there a DTR line on H3 UARTs ?

Unfortunately, no. Only TX, RX, RTS and CTS are present

Lirc has a GPIO driver for RPI - a module name lirc_rpi. (Dont know if you can compile it or adapt it for H3 boards and with whitch kernel version). 

This driver uses platform-specific stuff (i.e. interrupts). It should be possible to write/port platform-specific GPIO based driver (i.e. based on this).

Guys you do a great work with these distros, i get my respect and i admire you. Some little problem - i wanna to do automatic smart home and for my old devices that use Infra red signal i don't know how to transmit IR signal with Opi PC. I use ESP like middle-ware (send command to opi pc, that the opi pc send the command to esp which transmit it). Do someone know appropriate solution, because this one is sooo hard working and slow?

Thanks in advance, for the time, support and the work you do!!!!!

If you'd like to send IR using OPI-PC,

there is How to send IR with gpio.(without LIRC)

http://feijoa.jp/laboratory/raspberrypi/infrared/

This is a Japanese page, but I think you can probably understand.

If you use Google Chrome, it's translated into your national word.

You can preserve the infrared pattern in a file using scanir.

You can reproduce the infrared pattern using sendir.

I tried my OPI-ONE.(OPI-ONE doesn't have IR receiver)

It's work fine my OPI-ONE.

TV power on/off.

TV channel change.

TV volume up/down.

I have only a remote control of the NEC format.

It may only work a remote control of the NEC format.

Please try all remote controls in your house.

If you don't understand Japanese of this page, please ask an author or me using very very easy English.

BTW

ESP-12 can't send/receive IR correctly.

I used this library.

https://github.com/markszabo/IRremoteESP8266

Well I am not a big fan of lirc but I will not spend time in dev projects only documented in Japanese or even french ...

And I cannot understand a word of technical information translated by robots.

That's why i use esp-7 and it's work fine for now. Thanks for the japanese page, i'll take a look on it and will send you feedback about what i do. Thanks a lot for the solutions guys.

I tried sending and receiving of IR using ESP-12.
I was tested many times, but It sometimes sent and received an unjust cord.
I don't know why.