CSC Armbian for RK3318/RK3328 TV box boards


jock
 Share

23 23

Recommended Posts

On 10/17/2021 at 7:48 AM, RetroFan90 said:

I Don't Know if this will work but please try this :)

if it doesn't help, then i'm out of ideas for now...

rk3318-box_1.5Ghz_SDCARD_v1a_ST_sdhr104.dts 68.61 kB · 2 downloads

 

Thank you for your response.

 

Dont know what y did ,  I was unable to create DTB.
 

dtc -I dts -O dtb -f rk3318-box_1.5Ghz_SDCARD_v1a_ST_sdhr104.dts -o rk3318-box_1.5Ghz_SDCARD_v1a_ST_sdhr104.dtb

Error: rk3318-box_1.5Ghz_SDCARD_v1a_ST_sdhr104.dts:2894.3-2895.1 syntax error
FATAL ERROR: Unable to parse input tree

 

I download my rk3318-box_1.3Ghz_SDCARD_v2_ST_sdhr104.dts file , looks like the same error. Will fix dts file.

 

rk3318-box_1.3Ghz_SDCARD_v2_ST_sdhr104.dts  fixed.

Is it possible to delete post , can't find a way to do it.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Armbian is a community driven open source project. Do you like to contribute your code?

11 hours ago, Gausus said:

 

Thank you for your response.

 

Dont know what y did ,  I was unable to create DTB.
 

dtc -I dts -O dtb -f rk3318-box_1.5Ghz_SDCARD_v1a_ST_sdhr104.dts -o rk3318-box_1.5Ghz_SDCARD_v1a_ST_sdhr104.dtb

Error: rk3318-box_1.5Ghz_SDCARD_v1a_ST_sdhr104.dts:2894.3-2895.1 syntax error
FATAL ERROR: Unable to parse input tree

 

I download my rk3318-box_1.3Ghz_SDCARD_v2_ST_sdhr104.dts file , looks like the same error. Will fix dts file.

 

rk3318-box_1.3Ghz_SDCARD_v2_ST_sdhr104.dts  fixed.

Is it possible to delete post , can't find a way to do it.

 

 

all i did was edit the raw dts file in notepad++ but the 1.5GHz is broken but it is just a bad setting in the dts file.

how exactly do you edit the dts file in windows?

should i use nano in ubuntu-wslg?

Link to post
Share on other sites

i used this in ubuntu wslg

dtc -I dts -O dtb -f rk3318-box_1.5Ghz_SDCARD_v1b_ST_sdhr104.dts -o rk3318-box_1.5Ghz_SDCARD_v1b_ST_sdhr104.dtb

and the thing threw warnings about missing phandle references and it compiled as you can see...

it appears that the format syntax is as follows:

 

the start of the settings uses a curled bracket without a semicolon 

and the end of that part has 2 line endings 

 

    opp_table0 {
        compatible = "operating-points-v2";
        opp-shared;
        phandle = <0x05>;

        opp-408000000 {
            opp-hz = <0x00 0x18519600>;
            opp-microvolt = <0xe7ef0>;
            clock-latency-ns = <0x9c40>;
            opp-suspend;
        };

        opp-600000000 {
            opp-hz = <0x00 0x23c34600>;
            opp-microvolt = <0xe7ef0>;
            clock-latency-ns = <0x9c40>;
        };

        opp-816000000 {
            opp-hz = <0x00 0x30a32c00>;
            opp-microvolt = <0xf4240>;
            clock-latency-ns = <0x9c40>;
        };

        opp-1008000000 {
            opp-hz = <0x00 0x3c14dc00>;
            opp-microvolt = <0x10c8e0>;
            clock-latency-ns = <0x9c40>;
        };

        opp-1200000000 {
            opp-hz = <0x00 0x47868c00>;
            opp-microvolt = <1200000>;
            clock-latency-ns = <0x9c40>;
            status = "okay";
        };

        opp-1296000000 {
            opp-hz = <0x00 0x4d3f6400>;
            opp-microvolt = <1225000>;
            clock-latency-ns = <0x9c40>;
            status = "okay";
        };

         opp-1392000000 {
            opp-hz = <0x00 0x52f83c00>;
            opp-microvolt =  <1250000>;
            clock-latency-ns = <0x9c40>;
            status = "okay";
        };

        opp-1512000000 {
            opp-hz = <0x00 0x5a1f4a00>;
            opp-microvolt = <1350000>;
            clock-latency-ns = <0x9c40>;
            status = "okay";
        };
    };
 

rk3318-box_1.5Ghz_SDCARD_v1a_ST_sdhr104.dtb rk3318-box_1.5Ghz_SDCARD_v1b_ST_shr104.dtb rk3318-box_1.5Ghz_SDCARD_v1b_ST_sdhr104.dts log3318.txt

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, RetroFan90 said:

all i did was edit the raw dts file in notepad++ but the 1.5GHz is broken but it is just a bad setting in the dts file.

how exactly do you edit the dts file in windows?

should i use nano in ubuntu-wslg?

There was a bug in the DTS file like y say. Have fixed it and uploaded new DTS , DTB was fine.

Just download from old post DTS file if y need it.

 

Yes there often are warnings when converting from DTS to DTB.

 

I use editors inn Linux , like mousepad or nano +++ , think y can use any editor (Windows /Linux) and save inn txt format.

 

As Jock sad , its impossible for the rk3318/28 tvbox to get 1,8 v on sdcard needed for sd uhs SDR104 mode , but some sdcard can work in this mode on 3,3v.

I now run Samsung EVO sdcard in this mode.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Gausus said:

There was a bug in the DTS file like y say. Have fixed it and uploaded new DTS , DTB was fine.

Just download from old post DTS file if y need it.

 

Yes there often are warnings when converting from DTS to DTB.

 

I use editors inn Linux , like mousepad or nano +++ , think y can use any editor (Windows /Linux) and save inn txt format.

 

As Jock sad , its impossible for the rk3318/28 tvbox to get 1,8 v on sdcard needed for sd uhs SDR104 mode , but some sdcard can work in this mode on 3,3v.

I now run Samsung EVO sdcard in this mode.

 

 

 

what about using the emmc on the device instead of the sd card?

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, jock said:

Update!

 

Images on first page have been updated to kernel 5.14.13 ;)

 

does it fix the issue with dvi to hdmi on devices that don't support 1920x1080?

in multitool the monitor worked but after flashing the emmc and rebooting the monitor went into power saving mode.

the monitor is an lg L196WTQ-BF

in android it was locking to 1280x1024

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, RetroFan90 said:

does it fix the issue with dvi to hdmi on devices that don't support 1920x1080?

in multitool the monitor worked but after flashing the emmc and rebooting the monitor went into power saving mode.

the monitor is an lg L196WTQ-BF

in android it was locking to 1280x1024

here is the inf file and service manual for the monitor

L196WTQ-S_BFQ_E.pdf

L196WTQ.inf

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,
So I continue my feedback on a TvBox MX10 with rk3328 I tried adding overlays to have 1.4GHz and 1.5GHz but none will have allowed to use these max values in armbian-config via CPU governor (I still have 1.3GHz as the max value). Pity..
Another thing I always try via armbian-config the docker install, it did not finish correctly and I had to be able to install docker use the method described in https://alexbacher.fr/unixlinux/installer-docker-debian/

I tried to install docker-chromium-armhf in order to be able to have chromium with DRM rights (amazon, netflix, ...) because no DRM lib in ARM64 ..

https://github.com/HenningThiemann/docker-chromium-armhf

So I was able to start Chromium-armhf but unfortunately once I arrived in my Amazon primevideo account, streaming is not allowed due to lack of DRM rights
I also attempted the construction of https://github.com/gort818/qtwebflix it works but again and again this problem of DRM lib .. If someone has found a solution I am well interested..

@jockI see you updated but, do we have to reflash ?

Have a nice day..

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, jock said:

Update!

 

Images on first page have been updated to kernel 5.14.13 ;)

 

Is there any way to just "update" to it, without re-flashing the eMMC? I assume that apt-get update && upgrade won't work for kernels in the images not supported by Armbian.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@MX10.AC2N @curse That's true, the only way to update currently is to start from scratch and the reason is exactly the one hiphotesis by @curse is right: since the whole thing is not yet into mainline armbian, upgrading via apt is not possible. Even worse: upgrading via apt will install official armbian packages, and it would just break the installation because it would remove the existing dtbs.

 

I'm going to add the .deb packages in the first page along the pristine images for manual upgrade, in the hope it will not break existing installations ^_^

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, jock said:

@MX10.AC2N @curse That's true, the only way to update currently is to start from scratch and the reason is exactly the one hiphotesis by @curse is right: since the whole thing is not yet into mainline armbian, upgrading via apt is not possible. Even worse: upgrading via apt will install official armbian packages, and it would just break the installation because it would remove the existing dtbs.

 

I'm going to add the .deb packages in the first page along the pristine images for manual upgrade, in the hope it will not break existing installations ^_^

I have used sudo apt-mark hold <linux-package-name>  , on kernel .

 

sudo apt-mark hold linux-image-current-rockchip64

sudo apt-mark hold linux-dtb-current-rockchip64

sudo apt-mark hold linux-u-boot-current-rk3318-box

 

I then can run apt update and apt upgrade not updating kernel.

 

To remove mark hold use : sudo apt-mark unhold <linux-package-name>

Can y make a list of packages not to upgrade / overwrite ?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Gausus said:

I have used sudo apt-mark hold <linux-package-name>  , on kernel .

 

sudo apt-mark hold linux-image-current-rockchip64

sudo apt-mark hold linux-dtb-current-rockchip64

sudo apt-mark hold linux-u-boot-current-rk3318-box

 

I then can run apt update and apt upgrade not updating kernel.

 

To remove mark hold use : sudo apt-mark unhold <linux-package-name>

Can y make a list of packages not to upgrade / overwrite ?

 

Good idea, the packages to hold are exactly those ones (plus the headers package).

I will double check and add a clarification in the first page, thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, MX10.AC2N said:

@jock I try upgrade via deb. There is some errors => https://paste.yunohost.org/dirafakuve.erl

Uhmm... it seems that the headers package is not installed in the images I shipped before.

Well, I think I can remove the offending packages from the web directory :P

 

However it's ok just to install linux-image and linux-dtb packages: those are the important ones.

headers are needed if there is the need to compile kernel modules.

 

edit: I changed the installation command with apt, so it will resolve automatically dependencies without complaining...

Link to post
Share on other sites

ju@rk3328-mx10-TvBox:~/Téléchargements/deb_upgrade$ sudo apt --fix-broken install
Lecture des listes de paquets... Fait
Construction de l'arbre des dépendances... Fait
Lecture des informations d'état... Fait
Correction des dépendances... Fait
Les paquets supplémentaires suivants seront installés :
  bison flex libsigsegv2 libssl-dev m4
Paquets suggérés :
  bison-doc flex-doc libssl-doc m4-doc
Paquets recommandés :
  libfl-dev
Les NOUVEAUX paquets suivants seront installés :
  bison flex libsigsegv2 libssl-dev m4
0 mis à jour, 5 nouvellement installés, 0 à enlever et 3 non mis à jour.
1 partiellement installés ou enlevés.
Il est nécessaire de prendre 3 442 ko dans les archives.
Après cette opération, 12,5 Mo d'espace disque supplémentaires seront utilisés.
Souhaitez-vous continuer ? [O/n] o
Réception de :1 http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye/main arm64 libsigsegv2 arm64 2.13-1 [34,7 kB]
Réception de :2 http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye/main arm64 m4 arm64 1.4.18-5 [199 kB]
Réception de :3 http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye/main arm64 bison arm64 2:3.7.5+dfsg-1 [1 084 kB]
Réception de :4 http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye/main arm64 flex arm64 2.6.4-8 [431 kB]
Réception de :5 http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye/main arm64 libssl-dev arm64 1.1.1k-1+deb11u1 [1 693 kB]
3 442 ko réceptionnés en 1s (3 536 ko/s)
Sélection du paquet libsigsegv2:arm64 précédemment désélectionné.
(Lecture de la base de données... 173316 fichiers et répertoires déjà installés.)
Préparation du dépaquetage de .../libsigsegv2_2.13-1_arm64.deb ...
Dépaquetage de libsigsegv2:arm64 (2.13-1) ...
Sélection du paquet m4 précédemment désélectionné.
Préparation du dépaquetage de .../archives/m4_1.4.18-5_arm64.deb ...
Dépaquetage de m4 (1.4.18-5) ...
Sélection du paquet bison précédemment désélectionné.
Préparation du dépaquetage de .../bison_2%3a3.7.5+dfsg-1_arm64.deb ...
Dépaquetage de bison (2:3.7.5+dfsg-1) ...
Sélection du paquet flex précédemment désélectionné.
Préparation du dépaquetage de .../flex_2.6.4-8_arm64.deb ...
Dépaquetage de flex (2.6.4-8) ...
Sélection du paquet libssl-dev:arm64 précédemment désélectionné.
Préparation du dépaquetage de .../libssl-dev_1.1.1k-1+deb11u1_arm64.deb ...
Dépaquetage de libssl-dev:arm64 (1.1.1k-1+deb11u1) ...
Paramétrage de libsigsegv2:arm64 (2.13-1) ...
Paramétrage de libssl-dev:arm64 (1.1.1k-1+deb11u1) ...
Paramétrage de m4 (1.4.18-5) ...
Paramétrage de bison (2:3.7.5+dfsg-1) ...
update-alternatives: utilisation de « /usr/bin/bison.yacc » pour fournir « /usr/bin/yacc » (yacc) en mode automatique
Paramétrage de flex (2.6.4-8) ...
Paramétrage de linux-headers-edge-rockchip64 (21.11.0-trunk) ...
Compiling headers - please wait ...
Traitement des actions différées (« triggers ») pour libc-bin (2.31-13+deb11u2) ...
Traitement des actions différées (« triggers ») pour man-db (2.9.4-2) ...
Traitement des actions différées (« triggers ») pour doc-base (0.11.1) ...
Traitement de 1 fichier de documentation ajouté…
ju@rk3328-mx10-TvBox:~/Téléchargements/deb_upgrade$ sudo dpkg -i *.deb
(Lecture de la base de données... 173818 fichiers et répertoires déjà installés.)
Préparation du dépaquetage de linux-dtb-edge-rockchip64_21.11.0-trunk_arm64.deb ...
Dépaquetage de linux-dtb-edge-rockchip64 (21.11.0-trunk) sur (21.11.0-trunk) ...
Préparation du dépaquetage de linux-headers-edge-rockchip64_21.11.0-trunk_arm64.deb ...
Dépaquetage de linux-headers-edge-rockchip64 (21.11.0-trunk) sur (21.11.0-trunk) ...
Préparation du dépaquetage de linux-image-edge-rockchip64_21.11.0-trunk_arm64.deb ...
ls: impossible d'accéder à '/var/lib/initramfs-tools': Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
Dépaquetage de linux-image-edge-rockchip64 (21.11.0-trunk) sur (21.11.0-trunk) ...
dpkg: concernant linux-u-boot-edge-rk3318-box_21.11.0-trunk_arm64.deb contenant linux-u-boot-rk3318-box-edge :
 linux-u-boot-rk3318-box-current entre en conflit avec armbian-u-boot
  linux-u-boot-rk3318-box-edge fournit armbian-u-boot et doit être installé.

dpkg: erreur de traitement de l'archive linux-u-boot-edge-rk3318-box_21.11.0-trunk_arm64.deb (--install) :
 paquets en conflit - linux-u-boot-rk3318-box-edge non installé
Paramétrage de linux-dtb-edge-rockchip64 (21.11.0-trunk) ...
Paramétrage de linux-headers-edge-rockchip64 (21.11.0-trunk) ...
Compiling headers - please wait ...
Paramétrage de linux-image-edge-rockchip64 (21.11.0-trunk) ...
update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-5.14.13-rockchip64
update-initramfs: Converting to u-boot format
Des erreurs ont été rencontrées pendant l'exécution :
 linux-u-boot-edge-rk3318-box_21.11.0-trunk_arm64.deb
ju@rk3328-mx10-TvBox:~/Téléchargements/deb_upgrade$

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jock said:

@MX10.AC2N Discard u-boot package, it is not needed at all, although I don't understand why it complains...

Ok, so I tried a reboot, and so I have the box that starts with all the lines of codes at startup but after that it's black screen (instead of the lxdm login page), and no ssh connection possible ..

I will surely have to re-flash my sd card ...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, RetroFan90 said:

does it fix the issue with dvi to hdmi on devices that don't support 1920x1080?

in multitool the monitor worked but after flashing the emmc and rebooting the monitor went into power saving mode.

the monitor is an lg L196WTQ-BF

in android it was locking to 1280x1024

Mmmh, I was not aware of this issue and have no issues with full-hd devices.  I don't know if your particular case has been fixed with newest kernel, I usually import HDMI timing and multimedia patches directly from libreelec so I'm not directly involved into this kind of tweaks.

About dvi -> hdmi conversion, maybe you mean the opposite (hdmi tv box -> dvi monitor/tv) ?

I may do some tests with the appliances I have around if you say there are issues there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, MX10.AC2N said:

Ok, so I tried a reboot, and so I have the box that starts with all the lines of codes at startup but after that it's black screen (instead of the lxdm login page), and no ssh connection possible ..

I will surely have to re-flash my sd card ...

 

Oops, I'm sorry something didn't went well :unsure:

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, jock said:

Mmmh, I was not aware of this issue and have no issues with full-hd devices.  I don't know if your particular case has been fixed with newest kernel, I usually import HDMI timing and multimedia patches directly from libreelec so I'm not directly involved into this kind of tweaks.

About dvi -> hdmi conversion, maybe you mean the opposite (hdmi tv box -> dvi monitor/tv) ?

I may do some tests with the appliances I have around if you say there are issues there.

i'll check for other monitors with dvi-d.

hope we can turn this into a full blown computer that supports nearly all hdmi / dvi-d displays

basic resolutions

640x480

720x480 / 720x576

800x480 / 800x600

1024x600 / 1024x768

1152x864

1280x720 / 1280x768 / 1280x800 / 1280x960 / 1280x1024

1360x768 / 1366x768

1440x900

1600x900 / 1600x1200

1680x1050

1920x1080 / 1920x1200

2048x1536

and so on

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,
As the update with the .deb files did not work for me I re-flash my sd card with the new bullseye image
The first start went correctly, I created the user and put in French, then I launched rk3318-config and I launched a reboot and there big bug as you can see on the photo => https://imgur.com/a/FlqEBST

So I connected my sd card on my pc in order to modify armbianEnv.txt and remove the overlays lines but this is what I have in armbianEnv.txt

/var/log.hdd/alternatives.log {
	monthly
	rotate 12
	compress
	delaycompress
	missingok
	notifempty
	create 644 root root
}
                                                                                                                                                           

I don't understand anything anymore, is it repairable or I have to start over and especially not to forget to do apt update && apt upgrade before doing rk3318-config .. @jock what do you think of all this?

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, RetroFan90 said:

i'll check for other monitors with dvi-d.

hope we can turn this into a full blown computer that supports nearly all hdmi / dvi-d displays

basic resolutions

640x480

720x480 / 720x576

800x480 / 800x600

1024x600 / 1024x768

1152x864

1280x720 / 1280x768 / 1280x800 / 1280x960 / 1280x1024

1360x768 / 1366x768

1440x900

1600x900 / 1600x1200

1680x1050

1920x1080 / 1920x1200

2048x1536

and so on

While I was in Sweden some month ago, I only had access to an old 1024x768 monitor, connected via an HDMI to DVI adapter. It did NOT work. Multitool, yes, everything else, no.

1 hour ago, MX10.AC2N said:

I don't understand anything anymore, is it repairable or I have to start over and especially not to forget to do apt update && apt upgrade before doing rk3318-config .. @jock what do you think of all this?

I would not recommend to do an apt update && apt upgrade before you have gone through "armbian-config" and frozen firmware and kernel updates, or frozen them by other means.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MX10.AC2N said:

Hi all,
As the update with the .deb files did not work for me I re-flash my sd card with the new bullseye image
The first start went correctly, I created the user and put in French, then I launched rk3318-config and I launched a reboot and there big bug as you can see on the photo => https://imgur.com/a/FlqEBST

So I connected my sd card on my pc in order to modify armbianEnv.txt and remove the overlays lines but this is what I have in armbianEnv.txt

/var/log.hdd/alternatives.log {
	monthly
	rotate 12
	compress
	delaycompress
	missingok
	notifempty
	create 644 root root
}
                                                                                                                                                           

I don't understand anything anymore, is it repairable or I have to start over and especially not to forget to do apt update && apt upgrade before doing rk3318-config .. @jock what do you think of all this?

Yes, this is a very common situation when there is an issue during the boot process: it corrupts the armbianEnv.txt.

I faced it dozen of times, unfortunately. There is an armbian service that read and then rewrite the damned file for a reason unknown to me.

The kernel dump looks quite "generic". I may guess that I missed to update the led-conf3 dtb in the armbian sources because I was doing on-the-fly changes during the testing. <_<

 

I will do a double check soon, in the meantime just stay stick with 1.1Ghz frequency (I have to fix this too, since the dtb is set for 1.0Ghz....)

 

Try this armbianEnv.txt, it should suits your configuration. You may need to fix the rootdev though: mine is from the Debian bullseye image.

verbosity=1
bootlogo=false
overlay_prefix=rockchip
fdtfile=rockchip/rk3318-box.dtb
rootdev=UUID=9c194bed-dcbd-4e24-885d-a8e504b5772b
rootfstype=ext4
console=both
overlays=rk3318-box-emmc-ddr rk3318-box-emmc-hs200 rk3318-box-led-conf3
usbstoragequirks=0x2537:0x1066:u,0x2537:0x1068:u

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jock said:

Try this armbianEnv.txt, it should suits your configuration.

Well, I just tried by rewriting the armbianEnv.txt file as you indicated to me, but I found myself faced with a start that keeps running in a loop. Wild electric disconnection, I don't like that .. Anyway I'm starting from scratch, can you explain to me what rk3318-box-emmc-ddr rk3318-box-emmc-hs200 is for because I did not use them before..

Thank

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MX10.AC2N said:

Well, I just tried by rewriting the armbianEnv.txt file as you indicated to me, but I found myself faced with a start that keeps running in a loop. Wild electric disconnection, I don't like that .. Anyway I'm starting from scratch, can you explain to me what rk3318-box-emmc-ddr rk3318-box-emmc-hs200 is for because I did not use them before..

Thank

Enables the HS200 mode for the internal eMMC.

Normally this is safe, because the kernel asks the eMMC is it is able to work in that mode.

I have another board (rk322x) which has a HS200 eMMC and it is able to reach a sequential read speed of 130MB/s!

 

Sometimes the eMMC or the board is not able to keep up, and activating the switch crashes everything.

 

The same applies with emmc-ddr overlay, just that the mode here is DDR, which is yet capable of reaching considerable speeds (> 90MB/s).

 

Note that it is just the bus speed, the eMMC should be of good quality, which is not always the case on tv boxes.

 

edit: about the esp8089 issues, the driver is not yet included into mainline kernels like 5.14

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Share

23 23