HW accel X windows on Odroid N2 ??

Nitrax

Is there any distro out there that has 2D hardware accelerated graphics so you can get a decent desktop experience out of the N2? I've tried armbian and the distro that comes from Odroid, but all of them are sluggish. Maybe I have missed to select some options? I've "just" installed it and tried som different.. window managers? It's a bit confusing.

I'm only going to use it for python and golang development in VS Code, maybe some arduino too, but it's unusable with non accelerated graphics. Chromium or Firefox needs to be usable too. I have a feeling there is some kind of 1 2 3 recipe I've missed like install armbian, select this window manager, install this patch.. but I cant figure it out.

Im not trying to criticize the armbian project! I'm using armbian very successfully for server operations on differnt SBCs. But I figured if anyone knows they'll be hanging out here...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.