Transferring big file crashes BananaPi M1

areinink

Hi,

A few weeks ago I downloaded the actual Debian Buster version without desktop.

I installed the OS and moved the filesystem to the attached SATA disk.

Finally I installed and configured Samba and tested it transferring files form my desktop.

Everything worked fine except transferring relatively big files.

The files (2 in total) giving problems were a about 3Gb.

When transferring a big file the upload seems to stop. The ethernet connection with the BananaPi M1 is completely de-activated.

There is only one solution to re-activate as far as I know: remove the power connector and resupply the board.

After resupplying the board it starts normal and functions normal.

1) What is causing the problem when transferring big files?

2) Is there an easy way to monitor the board while transferring files, either in terminal mode or using a webinterface?

Regards,

André

Perhaps you should try another PSU or check your cables : your voltage drop low at 960 MHz and you got SATA errors and reset.

Try : cat /sys/devices/platform/sunxi-i2c.0/i2c-0/0-0034/axp20-supplyer.28/power_supply/ac/voltage_now  while transferring files.

Thanks for responding.

It was indeed a faulty powersupply. Transferring files is now without any problems.

cat /sys/devices/platform/sunxi-i2c.0/i2c-0/0-0034/axp20-supplyer.28/power_supply/ac/voltage_now is not present om my Banana Pi.

Now that the powersupply problem is solved:

Is there a (webbased) possibility to monitor a BananaPi M1 (or any other board with Armbian) ?

Regards,

André

cat /sys/devices/platform/sunxi-i2c.0/i2c-0/0-0034/axp20-supplyer.28/power_supply/ac/voltage_now is not present om my Banana Pi.

Well my kernel is outdated. You can find the correct path in armbianmonitor script.

14 hours ago, areinink said:

Is there a (webbased) possibility to monitor a BananaPi M1 (or any other board with Armbian) ?

AFAIK RPi-Monitor works, if the device is reachable 

I'm using https://uptimerobot.com/ for a couple of hosted sites in different places and my own devices, offers ping/port and cron if the device has internet but is not reachable itself, just to see when something is going down