lightdm-gtk-greeter eats 100% cpu in Armbian 21.02.3 desktop for OrangePi PC

Xorg

I downloaded the most fresh image Armbian_21.02.3_Orangepipc_focal_current_5.10.12_desktop.img.xz from armbian.com for my board OrangePi PC. I installed it and had a problem with a process lightdm-gtk-greeter which eats 100% of CPU all time after first board reboot. Updating via apt-get update/upgrade didn't solve the problem. First of all i tried to find the solution in the internet and in this site, but all solutions which i found didn't help me. The most close topic for other board is here.

Also i tried to run archived versions:

Armbian_21.02.1_Orangepipc_focal_current_5.10.12_desktop.img.xz - had same issue.

Armbian_20.08.1_Orangepipc_focal_current_5.8.5_desktop.img.xz - didn't have same issue.

I think that all Armbian_21.XX.X for OrangePi PC had this issue, but i didn't check all.

After i found that 20.08.1 didn't have issue with lightdm , i updated it as usual:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

And this fixed my issue, now i have Armbian_21.02.3 which works fine.

Hope this post help somebody and developers will fix this issue next time.

Good luck.

It looks like an issue with lightdm itself than specific to OrangePi.

The issue has been spotted by other users too on other architectures (rockchip64) on other forum threads (https://forum.armbian.com/topic/17597-csc-armbian-for-rk3318-tv-box-boards/?do=findComment&comment=124083), but like your case upgrading lightdm to latest version seems to solve the issue.