How to create a new board for development?

Hello, I am looking the way how to create a new board after cloned https://github.com/armbian/build in my local.

I am woking on a A20 (allwinner) project.

The Idea is copy the current configuration of eg. cubieboard2 and modify it in order to fit my requirements.

I already read the Armbian documentation and I spent 1 day searching in the forum for that receipt. Customize things are pretty easy but no info about how to create a new board.

Basically I looking for:

1) How and where to clone an existing A20 board configuration locally (in my PC).

2) How to enable locally (in my PC) that new board in the Armbian developtment environment.

3) After the board will be working well I will send a pull request for that new board.

Regards

Eric 

1 hour ago, Eric74 said:

he Idea is copy the current configuration of eg. cubieboard2 and modify it in order to fit my requirements.

Yeah unfortunately the process isn't well documented.. but literally copying the cubieboard2 board config file for your board and then following the inheritance path and adjust where needed.

Most likely your adjustments will just be pointing the board to different device tree files for uboot.

I added to my new board to /config/boards/testboardsunxi20.conf and successfully recognized by the ./compile.sh menu.

What I don't understand is :

1) How the added patches to patch/kernel/sunxi-current/mynewpatch.patch (or existing ones) are related with my new board?  How the ./compile.sh recongnize the patches that have to be applied to my board during the compile.sh?

2) How to create patches? Where is the kernel and u-boot source in order to create a patch using diff ?

Thank you