How to switch H6's ARISC (CPUS) core clock source? :)

MX_Master

I'm trying to use H6's ARISC (CPUS) core for my CNC project https://allwincnc.github.io/ There are no problems to switch ARISC (CPUS) clock source using H3 and H5 (latest Armbian Buster). I'm using R_PRCM (0x01F01400) > CPUS_CLK_REG (offset 0x0000) register to switch clock source to the PERIPH0 PLL. For the H3 I'm using uboot script, for the H5 - own kernel module.

But for the H6 this register (R_PRCM) isn't properly documented. Found out this register was moved to the 0x07010000. But modifying this register at offset 0x0000 doesn't take any effect. Just checked this using uboot cmd and own kernel module.

I need your help. guys. Any suggestions how to switch H6's ARISC (CPUS) clock to the PERIPH0 PLL? Is it possible this memory region is protected from uboot and linux kernel?

2 hours ago, MX_Master said:

I need your help. guys. Any suggestions how to switch H6's ARISC (CPUS) clock to the PERIPH0 PLL? Is it possible this memory region is protected from uboot and linux kernel?

If I'm not mistaken, yes. You can always make a SPL hack, which do stuff with otherwise protected resources.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.