change kernel of TwisterOS?

tony013

I'm pretty disillusioned. No system for the rockpi meets all my expectations. But TwisterOS comes very close. Even though I don't play computer games, I like the desktop and also the gimmick with the circles. Most of all I like that I can run Kodi and firefox from the same login. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Unfortunately the hardware PWM does not work under TwisterOS. Neither via overlay, nor with manually changed dtb file.

I discovered that TwisterOS and LE use the same kernel version. Under LE my driver works, so I would like to try copying the kernel from LE to TwisterOS.

Now both systems boot completely different. What do I need to consider to get the kernel from LE to work under TwisterOS? I guess, at least I have to generate a new uInitrd, but I don't know, how to do that.

Hi Werner,

thank you very much for your attention!

vor 12 Stunden schrieb Werner:

Maybe try to get in touch with the guys via their Discord or Matrix channels

Sorry, but I'm to old for that shit :(

I know how to write emails or participate in a forum, but chat is not my media.

Beside that, I'm a friend of asynchronous communication.

Maybe you'd like to shine me a light, how I would do that on plain armbian?

Content of boot directory looks quite similar to armbian - beside the version numbers.

On plain linux I would issue something like update-grub which then generates/updates all required files for boot.

Things are more complicated with the little bastards. I read, that (some?) u-boot expect kernel and initrd at fixed partition location (block number?), so normal copy operations might fail.

I guess, that current armbian has evolved u-boot, so that boot requirements are more relaxed, but I don't know anything.

I guess, as LE boots with just kernel and system file from special partition, the kernel will run without dynamically loaded modules. So a replacement should be possible. But I don't know, how to get around with u-boot.

So any hint or link to read is appreciated a lot.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.