Cubieboard 1 hardware problem - very hot cpu

kudzu

Hi,

is my Cubieboard is damaged?

Couple days ago my server was suddenly turned off. When I checked, it turned out, that the Allwinner is very hot. So I added a radiator and run the Cubie with serial console. Seems like everything is ok, but temperature... almost 50*C.

log_15082016_2.txt

Hi

Adding a radiator to any thing electronic is never a bad idea.

50°C is not hot and as far as H3 is concerned I noticed that the internal temperature sensors

are often 10 degrees above the temperature of a (too) big external radiator.

They also react very quickly but the radiator has much more inertia.

Thx for reply.

IMO it is not normal. The Cubieboard was working as a home server since a dozen months without radiator. I also ran a few stress tests at those time. Now it is hot (and probably take large current) without any load.

To the trash...

I wonder if A20-OLinuXino-LIME2 will be good replacement :>

Hi,

is my Cubieboard is damaged?

Couple days ago my server was suddenly turned off. When I checked, it turned out, that the Allwinner is very hot. So I added a radiator and run the Cubie with serial console. Seems like everything is ok, but temperature... almost 50*C.

attachicon.giflog_15082016_2.txt

Don't know where in the world you are but it's summer here and some of my electronics have been overheating as a result. The projector runs louder, I'd stuffed 6 drives in a 4 drive NAS which was fine for months but suddenly the drives were overheating and throttling reducing performance to about 10% of normal.

Just a thought.

Don't know where in the world you are

Poland - here it is summer too and now I've got 27,8*C at home:)

But after few tests now A10 takes so much current, that 3.3 voltage regulator is also hot (CPU very fast despite the radiator) - the system don't get up.

My Cubieboard is dead.