Rockchip or Allwinner TV Box?

ghoul

Hi! I saw that, even if not officially supported, there is a lot of discussion about armbian on tv boxes. I read that amlogic ones are not really a good choice and rockchip and allwinner ones should be the right choice instead.
I am thinking to buy a tv box to play with armbian, you know...for fun! But I am quite undecided. Would be an Allwinner H6 the best option or should I buy something with a Rockchip 3229, 3288 or 3388? And moreover, what would be the best choice and why between the Rockchip ones?
I have already read the thread "Status of Armbian on TV Boxes - Please Read First" but at the moment there are no informations regarding Rockchip and Allwinner.

Hi!

It depends of what you want to do with them

Rockchip Rk3229 and 3328 Has both good support. 3229 to light desktop or server use, and 3328/3388 for power-demanding tasks 

I can provide support to the rk3229 because I have one. I have a Allwinner H6 shipping and planning to get a Rockchip 3328.

I'll give support for all of them 

21 hours ago, Clonazepunk said:

Hi!

It depends of what you want to do with them

Rockchip Rk3229 and 3328 Has both good support. 3229 to light desktop or server use, and 3328/3388 for power-demanding tasks 

I can provide support to the rk3229 because I have one. I have a Allwinner H6 shipping and planning to get a Rockchip 3328.

I'll give support for all of them 

Oh ok! And what if you have to compare between H6 and RK3328?

By the way, what H6 tv box have you bought? I am planning to buy a T95 MAX (4/64).