Why are the Videos played slow and with pauses on the RK322x board ....?

Raulin

Hello everyone, thanks to this community I managed to install Armbian on Tv Box, with RK322x board, everything is going well ... I just have a little problem, the internet is very slow, (my connection is good and stable) the youtube videos are reproduced slow and with pauses, please if someone has the solution or how I can improve the video playback, I will be very grateful .... best regards to this great community ..

On 6/5/2021 at 11:36 PM, Raulin said:

Hello everyone, thanks to this community I managed to install Armbian on Tv Box, with RK322x board, everything is going well ... I just have a little problem, the internet is very slow, (my connection is good and stable) the youtube videos are reproduced slow and with pauses, please if someone has the solution or how I can improve the video playback, I will be very grateful .... best regards to this great community ..

You can't take blood from a turnip, as we're used to say in my country.

The SoC is very limited in power and browsers are demanding tasks. In general desktop usage, video playing into browsers is quite a challenge and it is software decoded on rk322x (as it is on probably ALL other ARM SoCs). The rk322x is simply not powerful enough to do the task in software.

The SoC is very capable to do h.264 (and friends) decoding in hardware, but integrating such hardware decoding into browsers is a very complex task.