Kernel rebuild resources and process for pine64-LTS

Atreyo tech

Hi,

I am start using pine64-LTS board and currently installing new OS in SD card successfully. Please check below result of "uname -a" according to my board. 

"Linux pine64so 5.10.34-sunxi64 #21.05.1 SMP Fri May 7 15:50"19 UTC 2021 aarch64 GNU/Linux"

Now, I want to modify or add some features through kernel. Please guide me how to get kernel source and rebuild process.

The first place to start is by reading the documentation:  Armbian Developer Guide.  The developer guide walks you through the armbian build process.  The entire armbian build process may be more than you are looking for (not knowing what changes you are looking to make), but with an overall understanding of the armbian build process (simply being able to rebuild the image you are already running) you will likely be able to figure out a path forward for your needs, or at least be able to come back to the forums with a more specific question based on greater understanding of the system.

Hello sir,

Thank you for response.

Actually, I want to integrate Quectel EC200S-CN LTE modem with pine64 board. For LTE integration, we need to modify option.c ,qcserial.c, usb_wwan.c, and usb-wwan.h. Additionally we need to enable some of the features through menuconfig command. 

As per our understanding, we need to first download kernel source in any of linux host system. After that do required change in above given file and perform procedures:

1). make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- menuconfig

2). make -j$(nproc) ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- uImage modules

3). make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- INSTALL_MOD_PATH=output modules_install

After that we need to copy generated files in bootable SD card. But, now we don't know where we can find kernel source and performing all above steps true are true?. If above steps true then which file need to copy in SD card and which location.

Can you guide me for this or share any reference link?

All your suggestion are valuable for us.

Hello sir,

I am trying to build kernel in my host system. My host system is configured with ubuntu 20.04 and trying to run compile.sh file.

But i am getting "502 connection closed" error. Please find below attachment

Screenshot from 2021-06-10 12-08-16.png

• Igor locked and unlocked this topic

Hello,

I have started compiling the kernel for pine64 board by the following command.

$ ./compile.sh CLEAN_LEVEL="make,debs,oldcache,cache" NO_APT_CACHER=yes USE_TORRENT=no

I have used "NO_APT_CACHER=yes" to avoid error from proxy settings. Moreover, "USE_TORRENT=no" to avoid fetch URL failed error. However, again I have encountered an error which can be seen in the screenshot attached. I don't exactly know why this error has occurred.

Please guide me to compile it successfully.

image.thumb.png.c0006d5d27812e21489c3261b28ce2d2.png

make `userpatches/lib.config`

try put the following in

NO_APT_CACHER=yes
APT_PROXY_ADDR=PROXYHOST:PROXYPORT

you may also want to your standard proxy environment variables to it export ex:

export HTTP_PROXY= 

1 hour ago, Atreyo tech said:

Hi,

I tried this but stll not working. Please help me i am stuck here since long time.

It is working for us. In case you have further questions make sure to get item on your right. Next year we will hire some people that you will be able to hire for individual support. We can't fix your system or help you more.

• Igor locked this topic

Just built a pine64so image without problems*. If the image actually boots and if so is even stable I cannot tell since I do not have such a board.

Something is wrong with either your build host or internet connection.

I suggest to start over with a clean build host, clean workspace (git clone build repository) and proper internet connection.

*had to change uboot version to 2021.07 due to unrelated issues with the rollback to 2020.10