Custom build/tweaking source code

JLima

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to build a full bootable image for the Rock pi 4B using a VM with the recommended build system I followed the build instructions in https://docs.armbian.com/Developer-Guide_Build-Preparation/.

I got the image built without errors. At this point I haven't tried the image because I still want to change a source file and recompile.

I changed the file in question: build/cache/sources/linux-mainline/linux-5.10.y/drivers/pci/controller/pcie-rockchip-host.c

and rerun compile.sh in the build directory.

The system builds again without issues, but the file I edited get replaced by the original content along the way. 

Obviously, this is not the way to change the file in the source tree. Is there a workaround? Or what should be the way to accomplish what I'm trying to accomplish, which is simply tweak a specific file of the kernel source code?

Thanks in advance,

Jorge

what should be the way to accomplish what I'm trying to accomplish, which is simply tweak a specific file of the kernel source code?

Use CREATE_PATCHES=yes or smth alike, look for usage details in the documentation - it will stop building after applying Armenian’s patches and prompt for editing sources u-boot and kernel, also your changer will be saved as patches.

Important Information

Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Guidelines