Configure static IP by editing config file in boot partition?

chupo_cro

Hi all, my first post here.

Just a short question - is it possible to configure static IP address before the first boot by editing some configuration file in boot partition?

I had to SSH to Orange Pi PC after installing Armbian_21.05.1_Orangepipc_buster_current_5.10.34.img in the network where there isn't DHCP and I set up the static IP address by connecting the SBC to the monitor and running nmtui. I could set the IP address by connecting the SBC directly to the computer by using LAN cable too but the easiest way would be if there is an option of configuring the static IP by editing some file in boot partition before the first boot.

Edited by chupo_cro

On 7/3/2021 at 8:32 PM, tparys said:

Perhaps look at /boot/armbian_first_run.txt.template ?

Sorry, I didn't see your answer before because notifications were off by the default.

That was exactly what I was looking for!! :-) Thank you very much! I did read all the documentation but I didn't notice the armbian_first_run.txt template to be mentioned.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.