Teamviewer access on X96Max+ Desktop

CFalconPT

Hello,

I'm new to ARMBIAN, a very poor linux user, but I think I can handle myself.

I have a X96 Max Plus android TVBox, and I want to put it on a remote place with home assistant and be able to access it with teamviewer.

I've managed to make all this. The thing is I can only access the box shell, so I cannot open a web browser to use HA directly on this box. (but I can access from other device on network without issues).

So I thought of installing a desktop platform on armbian that there I can install a browser, so I'm then able to access the place router if needed and also home assistant web interface.

I've manage to install a desktop like LightDM from armbian-config, but I'm unable to make teamviewer work there!

I also need a lightweight solution, the instalation from armbian-config installs too much trash I do not need, I just need a graphical enviroment to use a browser...

Can anyone point me on the right direction?

Thanks!

I don't know if TeamViewer has a ARM binary for download. If not, I suggest using x2go-server , you can install it from the Debian/Ubuntu repos via apt

13 hours ago, JMCC said:

I don't know if TeamViewer has a ARM binary for download. If not, I suggest using x2go-server , you can install it from the Debian/Ubuntu repos via apt

Hello,

Yes teamviewer has an ARM binary to download, and as I told I can use it on shell, but it does not work on the vistual desktop...

Also been testing version 11 and 15...

Thanks!

I have managed to install XFCE4 and teamviewer host (armhf) and I can connect but sometimes it closes the connection other I can see the screen but It freezes and I cannot do anything, not moving the pointer, and also if I change something it does not reflect on the teamviewer PC...

Any ideia what is missing?

Thanks!