Collaborator wanted to explore support for Seeed Studio Odyssey STM32MP157C development board

peterbmckinley

I'm interested to see if I get any interest from the core group in beginning the process of adding support for ST Microelectronics SoC's by way of the Seeed Studio Odyssey STM32MP157C low cost development board

https://wiki.seeedstudio.com/ODYSSEY-STM32MP157C/

With ST Microelectronics move into the MPU space, there is a lot of potential growth for a mature and trusted US brand with the integrity to provide proper documentation

Free hardware can be provided if required. Free stuff. Just sayin'

2 minutes ago, peterbmckinley said:

Is that something you would be willing and able to do, if you had the hardware? 

Not really a good fit for me, sorry..

Are you looking for someone to do the work to add U-boot and kernel support, or looking for someone to integrate u-boot and kernel support into Armbian?   Do you have any budget, or is this just seeking community interest?

27 minutes ago, lanefu said:

Not really a good fit for me, sorry..

Are you looking for someone to do the work to add U-boot and kernel support, or looking for someone to integrate u-boot and kernel support into Armbian?   Do you have any budget, or is this just seeking community interest?

I guess Step 1 is the kernel and U-boot patches you talked about. I have no idea of the status of this device in terms of whether any patches exist already. 

In answer to your question, I dont have a specific budget but if I can find someone who could assess and quantify those initial steps, and be confident to work on it, I'd be happy to discuss how they could be compensated for that. 

As for myself, from a technical perspective all I could do is testing and providing logs. 

On 7/3/2021 at 11:35 AM, peterbmckinley said:

With ST Microelectronics move into the MPU space, there is a lot of potential growth for a mature and trusted US brand with the integrity to provide proper documentation

Free hardware can be provided if required. Free stuff. Just sayin'

Part of the challenges working with folks like STM is getting ahold of the right folks that can actually help without needing NDA's and all that...

They already have a debian buster image available, so with the right setup on the host side, pretty much it's a done project.

I just wrapped up something similar for embedded on a Microchip SAMA5D series SoC, not looking to pull in something else for the moment.