kodi on rock pi 4c

d00m178

hello 

Im looking for OS like ubuntu/debian with simple DE like XFCE + Kodi for my rock pi 4c.

I've tried a lot of images for my rock pi and currently checking Armbian.

I've installed  Armbian 21.05.6 Focal with Linux 5.10.43-rockchip64 from 

https://armbian.hosthatch.com/dl/rockpi-4c/archive/Armbian_21.05.1_Rockpi-4c_focal_current_5.10.35_xfce_desktop.img.xz

then installed kodi from repository

apt install kodi

it is Kodi 18.6 ver and I have some issues with it.

1. I enabled remote control for Kodi but whet I open it in browser via 8080 port I can see very poor web interface which doesn't work at all.

there are 5 buttons in top rшпре side of page: Profiles, Remote, Movies, TV Shows, Music - but nothing happens when I press it.

2. I can't install Youtube addon - there no options to install it from repository in the Kodi settings.

Is there a way to install another version of Kodi? Maybe on another image?

I also checked the "

" topic and did all the steps described there, but I have different issues because of my rock pi 4c - USB ports doesn't work so I can't connect my USB SSD drive.

so Im still looking for good image for my board to use Kodi and have ability SSH to for some testing-checking purposes.

Please advice, because I spend a lot of time in this searching and yet not found anything working good.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.