armbian stop working suddenly after some time of boot

Hello,

It has been years that I am using armbian and I would like to thank all the developers that contributed to this project. It is a really amazing work.

I am writing this topic to see if someone faced the same issue that I have. 

I am using the nanopi neo core + minishield with the following image : Armbian_5.75_Nanopineo_Debian_stretch_next_4.19.20.

I am using the SSD as my root file system. 

When I boot this equipment, it works without any problem. After some time (it can be months or weeks or days), I can't access anymore the device using ssh or using the serial debugger. If I plug in an ethernet cable, the led of the port is green but it is not working. 

I faced this issue on multiple nanopi that use the same configuration with different applications. 

Does someone have any idea what could be the origin of this issue?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards, 

Thank you for your reply Werner. 

Do you think that the problem that I just mentioned has occurred with the version that I am using? 

Yes I am updating the image to use a more recent one but I wanted to know what could be the cause of this issue. Is it the OS or an application or a configuration ?

Thank you in advance.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.