-bash: ./program: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error

gufril

I'm having trouble running a program
this error when running the program: 

-bash: ./program: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error

And I checked the file, it turns out that the error is on the machine type, the program requires an x86-64 machine, while my armbian linux machine is aarch64

When I check with this program file command the result is:

: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2, for GNU/Linux 2.6.32, BuildID[sha1] =c67539ec4f37bbb5d61546fade0a8b7bf2ee4659, stripped

And here are my server specs:

Linux localhost 5.1.0-rc1-aml-s905 #5.84 SMP PREEMPT Tue May 7 11:18:59 MSK 2019 aarch64 GNU/Linux

Until now I have not found the package that the program needs to install, please help, maybe there is a solution?

thanks

You cannot run ARM binaries on Intel architecture and vice versa without some kind of emulation. Ideally you pick up a binary for the matching architecture.

Also since you did not tell which program you try to run there is no way to help any further.

The radiobot program I want to run shoutirc.com
I've tried changing OS but still can't run, the problem is in the interpreter /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 whereas on my server the interpreter is /lib/ld-linux-aarch64 .so.1

does that package exist for armbian linux?

57 minutes ago, gufril said:

it seems the program is only for amd all
is there armbian amd?

The problem is that all binarys at the Download-Page for RadioBot are all for PC-CPUs like 32bit (Intel x86) and 64Bit (AMD64, also Intel 64Bit PC-CPUs) and there is no source-packge for self compiling.

It seems your only chance is to create a Support-Ticket, because on the top of the page you could see:

Would you like to see another native build for your distro/OS/platform? 
Please submit a Support Ticket and we'll see what we can do...

On the Linux-Installation page http://wiki.shoutirc.com/index.php/Installation there is also an entry for debian with the dependencies:

4. Debian 10: Type sudo apt-get install openssl sqlite3 libsqlite3-0 default-libmysqlclient-dev libcurl4 libphysfs1 tcl8.6 libloudmouth1-0 libtag1v5 espeak espeak-data festival libssl1.1 libwxgtk3.0-0v5 libsqlite3-0 libmpg123-0 libogg0 libvorbis0a libvorbisfile3 libsndfile1 libavformat58 libavcodec58 libmp3lame0 libflac8 libresample1 libfaac0 libprotobuf17 libmuparser2v5 liblua5.2-0 libaacplus2 libsoxr0

But you need a binary for your aarch64 SBC :(

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.