Toupcam USB2 camera on Rock Pi 4b not connecting using Indi driver

wornish

I have successfully got my Rock pi4b with M.2 NVME storage to run Armbian 21.05.6 Focal and its really fast.

I have installed the current stable version of KStars / Ekos and all works well except for my guide camera which is a Toupcam GCMOS 01200KMB.

The camera works fine on my Raspberry Pi4 but won't connect on the rock pi4b running Armbian.

Anyone else seen this problem?

Any ideas on how to solve?

Sorry for the delay in replying I had to wait 24 hrs before I was allowed.

Yes the toupcam is detected here is the relevant part of dmesg.  I assume Manufactutrer TT is ToupTech.

[  126.117575] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 2 using ehci-platform
[  126.587084] usb 1-1: New USB device found, idVendor=0547, idProduct=b134, bcdDevice= 0.00
[  126.587113] usb 1-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
[  126.587130] usb 1-1: Product: USB2.0 Camera
[  126.587146] usb 1-1: Manufacturer: TT

Then when it is removed
[  126.117575] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 2 using ehci-platform
[  126.587084] usb 1-1: New USB device found, idVendor=0547, idProduct=b134, bcdDevice= 0.00
[  126.587113] usb 1-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
[  126.587130] usb 1-1: Product: USB2.0 Camera
[  126.587146] usb 1-1: Manufacturer: TT
[  376.795526] usb 1-1: USB disconnect, device number 2

On 7/16/2021 at 6:32 PM, wornish said:

The camera works fine on my Raspberry Pi4 but won't connect on the rock pi4b running Armbian.

Find out which driver is needed and has to be enabled in:
https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/master/config/kernel/linux-rockchip64-current.config

https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/master/config/kernel/linux-rockchip64-edge.config

We have enabled a lot of things, but not everything ...

I think you may have given me some hope, big thanks for replying.

In both of the configs above there is an entry under webcam devices

CONFIG_USB_GSPCA_TOUPTEK=m

I am out of my depth with this and have no idea what it means.  How do I find out if its enabled?

m means the driver is build as kernel module which is perfectly fine. Usually necessary modules are loaded as needed when new devices are connected via USB for example. You can use the command lsmod to check which modules are currently loaded. Module is called gspca_touptek. If it is not there after you connected try loading it via modprobe.

https://cateee.net/lkddb/web-lkddb/USB_GSPCA_TOUPTEK.html

No idea though if this is the correct driver for this device. You can compare the dmesg output when connecting the device to your RPi.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.