Really impressed with the latest Armbian

Stuart Naylor

Just to say really impressed and wow you guys have done a lot with the documentation since I last looked.

I was never a big fan and its been a while, but wow I have to say its really great and thanks for all your efforts.

No script bloat and all seems really logical and much work most of been done.

7 hours ago, Stuart Naylor said:

Just to say really impressed and wow you guys have done a lot with the documentation since I last looked.

I was never a big fan and its been a while, but wow I have to say its really great and thanks for all your efforts.

No script bloat and all seems really logical and much work most of been done.

Good to see you on the forum as well!

Yeah the new Radxa Zero has perked my curiosity as always loved the form factor of the Rpi0 but for me has been showing the SoCs age for some time.
The performance and temps of this little thing is amazing and already tested with a small stick on heatsink 2.0Ghz seems completely stable.

Is there a Radxa Zero section as have a few questions.

I got the 512mb 1st because I think its more of a Pi3A+ competitor than Zero as it just blows it away and is nearer Pi4 on some benches.
I can not get a non eMMC to boot in any way and wondering if we are all the same as read on the Radxa forum some have but confused and questioning how.

With eMMC as long as you
```

sudo boot-g12.py rz-udisk-loader.bin

wget https://dl.radxa.com/zero/images/loader/u-boot.bin

sudo dd if=u-boot.bin of=/dev/sdx bs=512 seek=1

```

Then you can boot from SD or flash an image to eMMC with no SD you can boot eMMC, put a SD in and it will boot from SD.
All good but still stumped with my non eMMC version, but should try again with  u-boot.bin.sd.bin again on a SD again,

Toms also done a great 'Lite' image https://dl.radxa.com/users/jack/Armbian_21.08.0-trunk_Radxa-zero_focal_current_5.10.52_minimal.img but it lacks the AP6256 drivers of the Twister version.
Twister is great but is loaded with so much stuff I don't need apart from how to get the AP6256 driver working.

I did add the oibaf ppa for the mesa drivers as that does make a huge difference with glmark2

PS I did donate a small amount but on your subscriptions add a one off payment as a little by many always adds up.

Another question is GPU overclocking where I did edit the opp table but on use unlike cpu seemed to stay the same.
I was wondering if it could be pushed a little for an OC for a retro handheld and if leaning on cpu or gpu with a OC could help even though currently great for such a small low cost SBC.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.