Error on kernel and armbian update with apt update [Odroid-HC1]

Armbianmonitor:

Hi,

I froze kernel to Linux 4.14.222-odroidxu4 as my Odroid-HC1 couldn't be sometime reach with ssh when updating kernel.

I get that after reboot and doing apt update,

N: Ignoring file '02-armbian-periodic.distrib' in directory '/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/' as it has an invalid filename extension

This file is apparently created again as I remove it each time.

Laurent

Sorry for the delay in responding. I was never able to reconnect to my server. I always reinstalled armbian not knowing what to do.

To solve this problem I now make a backup of the SD card ( https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=22930 ) and I check that I can boot on it. To try to understand this (random) problem I bought a UART cable and I have unfrozen kernel update. I am waiting for the next update :ph34r:

I have just installed the inofficial hirsute image on my HC-1 and updated everything to impish (still running the armbian-specific repo with the pointer to hirsute, though).

Happy to report that even with this heavy usage of upgrading, logging on and off numerous times, serving via minidlna and bubbleupnp server etc the machine is rock solid and seems to have no issues. Benchmark just went through, everything looks good.

So when you already have problems, sometimes it pays to go forward and not backward. The inofficial image isn't supported, but trying it doesn't hurt.