Bullseye: Automatic upgrade when unstable becomes stable?

h4rp00n33r
Go to solution Solved by Igor,

On 9/3/2021 at 11:14 AM, Igor said:

yes.

I assume this involves updating the `/etc/apt/sources.list` file first and then using `apt-get` commands to do the upgrade, but are we ok in doing this or is it recommended that we start freah with a new install?

Also, will that also work for users (like me) that are running the OS from an external SSD storage instead of the SD card?

Thank you! :)

3 hours ago, Pedro Lamas said:

I assume this involves updating the `/etc/apt/sources.list` file first and then using `apt-get` commands to do the upgrade

No. If you run bullseye simply wait until rootfs updates support status to supported. Things are prepared already: https://github.com/armbian/build/commit/f61f560510b8a4ba012209f27c0b3e44909232ef

8 hours ago, Pedro Lamas said:

Thanks @Werner but in my case I'm still on Buster, so my question was more on upgrading from Buster to Bullseye!

Unfortunately userspace upgrades like Bionic to Focal or Stretch to Buster have never been officially supported by Armbian due to lack of resources for proper testing. It probably works if you freeze your firmware packages and follow official Ubuntu/Debian guide how to upgrade but if something goes wrong you won't receive help from Armbian.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.