Bug on Kernel 5.10.60 with CH341 driver

Pedro Lamas

Armbianmonitor:

Last week I updated the Armbian on my NanoPi M4V2 to the latest version (Armbian 21.08.1 Buster with Linux 5.10.60-rockchip64) and started noticing some issues with my Zigbee2MQTT local install.

With the help of the Zigbee2MQTT main developer, we managed to confirm that the issue was reproducible on 5.10.60, but everything was working fine on previous kernels like 5.4.

Other users not on Armbian (Raspbian) also confirmed that they were experiencing this problem with the latest kernel but was working fine on previous versions.

We realized a bug was introduced for the CH341 driver in 5.10.60, that seems to have been fixed now on 5.10.62.

The kernel bug is tracked here: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=214131

Z2M is tracking that bug here: https://github.com/Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt/issues/8663

My question now is what can I do to fix this? Is there a way I can rebuild that driver or will this only go away with an upgrade of the kernel? What is the best course of action?

Thanks in advance!! :)

IIRC rockchip64 sources are directly attached to mainline so you could also simply use the build script and create your own kernel package with current branch which then should contain .62 or newer if available.

Please do forgive my ignorance, but I opened `armbian-config`, and on the other kernel I see this:

image.thumb.png.8d36c2ee18a7c1bcada691393ad6f2cd.png

Would the highlighted image do the job?

From what I understand that one has the 5.10.63 kernel, so it should have this issue fixed!

Edited by Pedro Lamas
fixed typo