odroid-hc4: sometimes renewing ip fails

beedaddy

Armbianmonitor:

From time to time, I notice that the HC4 looses its IP address. journalctl then tells me:

dhcp4 (eth0): selecting lease failed: -131

But I don't know the reason for it. Sometimes it happens after a reboot. Pulling the ethernet cable off and plugging it in again seems to help and after a few tries, the HC4 is reachable again.

I'd be happy to give more information, but I don't know yet how to debug it. I noticed that /var/log (zram) sometimes gets full but I don't know if this is related…

There were constant troubles with network on Odroids ... and it seems that is is still fragile. I didn't have any issues on my test device and we are running two download mirrors on those machines, which doesn't mean everything is alright ... It seems we have lost information on user land. Is this Debian or Ubuntu based Armbian?

Regards ZRAM. Check /etc/defaults/zram-something where you can find some information how to tweak it. Defaults can't be best for all.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Igor:

Is this Debian or Ubuntu based Armbian?

It is Debian Bullseye.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Igor:

Regards ZRAM. Check /etc/defaults/zram-something where you can find some information how to tweak it. Defaults can't be best for all.

Ok, I will try that. For now I've disabled zram. Since then, networking is ok.

Thanks!

29 minutes ago, beedaddy said:

It is Debian Bullseye.

Then possible problem is Network Manager ... Try Focal with another SD card.

29 minutes ago, beedaddy said:

For now I've disabled zram.

It is unlikely that ZRAM would have anything to do with that ... try tweaking it. It has good added value. Search this forum for more info.