Armbian for Amlogic S805

jongerenchaos

Perhaps I misunderstood the task, but perhaps the necessary information can be obtained from the source code of u-boot ?

Sure, but next step after Zador prepares a single-partition OS image is testing and then serial console access seems to be mandatory to me anyway. So I thought I ask for volunteers here (I have a C1+ but no serial console).

hi all!

i read forum some time but register only now

i have TV BOX MXQ S85 on S085 SoC and trying OpenElec and some other debian and ubuntu images from other sites

and balbes150 images from  https://yadi.sk/d/DnCkh3KBvAFES/Linux

but have some weird issues not found on google =)

1) i can't change monitor resolution from 1280 on 800 and 32bpp to 1920 or any other ( may be need edit file on boot FAT partition ? )

2) wifi card not list in network connection and i use eth0 cable lan connection

3) video problem - all terminal windows have black background and black text =) not see anything and use putty to ssh to my box

in programs and menu after mouse pointer change color on black at all =( strange

4) in firefox playing youtube or videos from other sites - cpu usage up to 80% and drop frames and sound desyncronisation appears ( i see firefox uses html5  player on yputube )

thanks for adwise

Alexander

ps: sorry for bad english =) i am from Minsk,Belarus

Hi.

1. To change the screen resolution, you need to collect a new script s805_autoscript with the necessary parameters. Please note that the script itself CANNOT be edited. Despite the seeming ease of editing is not a text file, and binary. The order of these files is described here.

https://github.com/150balbes/Amlogic_s905

2. For WiFi support you need to build a new kernel (which will include the necessary options modules Wi-Fi and added the necessary files the firmware). It is not a quick process, as it requires debugging and matching elements.

3. It's not a done deal yet. You can try to change the color depth in the script s805_autoscript (24 or 32). But not the fact that it will help, you may have to rebuild the kernel with the patch.

4. This version of Linux is not designed for multimedia playback. These assemblies - for initial testing and debugging.

Edited by zador.blood.stained
Removed Russian part broken after forum upgrade.

balbes150

ok well, I was hoping make Internet machine and media player at the same time =)
it is a pity while a desktop system not fully used to
If necessary I can spare time to be a tester =)
wait for the changes

and can your say - your images of the S905 can run with my S805 dtb.img on chip or not work?

If you have time, you may be a full system for S805 , multimedia and as a desktop (it takes time to build and debug, and it is known, is not always enough). S805, and S905 is a completely different architecture. S805 is a 32 - bit and with his old command system, and S905 is 64-bit with a new command system. So to run 64-bit, 32 - obviously not happen. Help testing - I'd like that, I only have one (quite specific) piece of hardware in S805, and the need to check a lot.

Well, I can be a tester with my s805 - you can write in PM if I need setup developing virtual system to compile software and check.

Configure on PC or may compile on same s805 system to build packages, and so on?

write some URL about this things, i read and learn

I think to separate the stages of testing.

1. Tests done images.

2. Tests of individual elements that can be updated in the finished images.

If you have the desire and opportunity - I recommend to learn Assembly Armbian. It's not difficult. Documentation is from git. If something is not clear - ask questions, there are many experienced users and collectors, will help. And I'll share what I know.

thanks for the hint about the doc section on this site =)
I set up today Dev virtual system on my computer
and testing ubuntu image compilation for s805
not very big difference between 2 - 4 cpu and sdd - hdd
4gb ram 2 cpu hdd = 62 min
4gb ram 4 cpu sdd = 46 min
2gb ram 2 cpu sdd = 48 min

If caching is enabled in virtual reality for this machine (for virtual disks). Speed disk can differ significantly from reality. But there is a caveat, a quick multiple-access data on virtual disks caching can get out of not clear glitches. So when building from source (where many small files need to be processed and use the build for other items), I usually turn off caching, so is less of a problem and do not understand the behavior of zbrojnice. In this case, SSD shows significantly better results. By the way, a lot depends on models and parameters themselves SSD and HDD.

Works great thanks! Is there also a solution to put the sdcard image to the nand? How can i do that?

It is possible, but you need to have the console UART and a lot of manual actions. Good knowledge of the internal structure of partitions in the NAND and the ability to handle them manual commands.

It is possible, but you need to have the console UART and a lot of manual actions. Good knowledge of the internal structure of partitions in the NAND and the ability to handle them manual commands.

Do you have a detailed instruction how i can do this? I've the usb to usb cable and a serial consolecable but i dont no how i can savethis firmware to the nand. I want to use it because the sd card is not stable enough and give some bad errors

Detailed instructions I don't have. How to install hand significantly depends on the specific model of TV set-top box. You need to study and change the parameters of the dtb data. Make changes to u-boot. To perform a manual copying of data to the internal memory. I don't have time to work out the process for automatic system installation to the internal memory. I hope in the near future to return to this issue.

Hi i have a MXIII android box with 2gb of ram  amlogic s802 processor and bluetooth and  i like to run a linux on this box.  

Following this post for MXQ amlogic s805 it's  possible to run linux  on the MXIII tv box it's the same way to create  usb or  boot sdcard ?

Or  this a diferent process and this not wor on amlogic s802 cpu?

Thanks for all your help. 

Activation multi-boot is the same for all Amlogic S8xx platform. But then, most likely, you will need to compile the kernel and dtb files specifically for architecture S802. You can try to use a "hybrid". The version of the kernel from running on Your TV box LE\OE or build in a BUILDROOT from Amlogic, + rootfs from family of system-on-chip s805 or from BUILDROOT.

If you find a working version of the source code and the kernel configuration for the chip 802. To create a branch to build a full Armbian is not difficult.

Updated the images . Version "5.24". In the composition of the images is files to activate the multi-boot, in addition to download them is not necessary. Changed the algorithm control the resolution and color depth of the screen. Now the settings file "vegas805_init.sh" to be in /boot (the FAT partition). The principle of changing the resolution or color depth, as in the version for S905 (remove\install review in the right line). Pay attention, because the load in the desktop images are significant, we strongly recommend to use additional cooling (at least a good heatsink and thermal grease).

https://yadi.sk/d/nBL7MchXvAFGL

Hi, @balbes150.

Thanks for your great post.

I successfully installed debian on my s805 box with "debian_mate_s805_20160919.img.xz" and I can see login page.

By the way, what is the username and password?

Happy New Year!

Wester

Hi, @balbes150.

Thanks for your great post.

I successfully installed debian on my s805 box with "debian_mate_s805_20160919.img.xz" and I can see login page.

By the way, what is the username and password?

Happy New Year!

Wester

For this image the name of the user "odroid" password "odroid"

Pay attention - this is an outdated version.

I have Mxq bellink with red stripe,i dont understand how to install this linux to it?

Which files to put on sd card ?aml_autoscript.zip or  Armbian_5.24_Vegas805_Debian_jessie_3.10.102_desktop_20170119.img.x?

When I put aml_autoscript.zip and get update system restart and get footer is wrong ,signature verification failed?

Thanks for help

To extract the image (such as 7zip). Armbian burn the image to SD card with special software to record images on media. Pay attention NOT to copy the image file, namely, to capture the image. To copy from a directory on an external drive "dtb" to the root of dtb file for TV box and rename it to "dtb.img". To run regular Android. Open the app "Update&Backup" and choose the archive aml_autocript.zip for updates and start the updating procedure.

Dont understand  multi-boot?

This is my sd card on picture.Why used space on sd card is only 28mb and free space only 35mb,this is 8gb card?

Armbian_5.24_Vegas805_Ubuntu_xenial_3.10.102_desktop_20170119.img is about 2.61gb.

sdcard.jpg

sdcrad_properties.jpg

1. Multiboot is the Foundation of running multiple systems from removable media on TV boxes. Without it You will not be able to run Armbian.

https://github.com/150balbes/Amlogic_s905/wiki/s905_multi_boot

At the bottom of the page is text in English.

2. The size of the partitions on the correct media. Windows sees a primary partition with Linux ext4 data.