Armbian for Amlogic S805

jongerenchaos

Try that does not change in the TV box (leave activated universal multiboot from Armbian) and write to card LE and try to start the system from the card LE. If the LE to start , run fw_printenv via SSH and show me the output.

Hi, I'm trying to make my MX S805 (m201_512m)  work with the "armbian" but without much success

The boot of the kernel seems to be working, because when I insert a usb, the message appears.

PS: This I'm tracking through the serial port.

[  137.502672@2] stk8baxx_permis_thread exit, retry=22                                                               
[  178.448550@0] usb 1-1.3: USB disconnect, device number 5                                                          
[  517.202741@0] usb 1-1.3: new high-speed USB device number 7 using dwc_otg                                         
[  517.324055@0] usb 1-1.3: New USB device found, idVendor=8644, idProduct=8003                                      
[  517.330921@0] usb 1-1.3: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3                                 
[  517.338481@0] usb 1-1.3: Product: USB Flash Disk                                                                  
[  517.344411@0] usb 1-1.3: Manufacturer: General                                                                    
[  517.350780@0] usb 1-1.3: SerialNumber: 034020000004ADC4                                                           
[  517.357123@0] usb-storage 1-1.3:1.0: USB Mass Storage device detected                                             
[  517.363736@0] scsi1 : usb-storage 1-1.3:1.0                                                                       
[  518.363518@0] scsi 1:0:0:0: Direct-Access     General  USB Flash Disk   1.00 PQ: 0 ANSI: 2                        
[  518.373848@3] sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] 15669248 512-byte logical blocks: (8.02 GB/7.47 GiB)                              
[  518.381962@3] sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] Write Protect is off                                                              
[  518.387491@3] sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] Mode Sense: 03 00 00 00                                                           
[  518.393469@3] sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] No Caching mode page found                                                        
[  518.398932@3] sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] Assuming drive cache: write through                                               
[  518.407964@3] sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] No Caching mode page found                                                        
[  518.413479@3] sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] Assuming drive cache: write through                                               
[  518.421127@3]  sda: sda1 sda2                                                                                     
[  518.430098@3] sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] No Caching mode page found                                                        
[  518.435628@3] sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] Assuming drive cache: write through                                               
[  518.441701@3] sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] Attached SCSI removable disk 

I have nothing on the HDMI output (using adapter)
Neither any new IP in the router's dhcp table.

Another (strange) thing I can not do is stop BOOT, I have tried ENTER, SPACE, CTRL + C, it seems the RX line is not working on.
I have another android TV (Sunxi A20) and the serial adapter it works normally with it.

Armbian_5.27_S805_Debian_jessie_3.10.33_xfce_20170324.img (Boot log: https://pastebin.com/Wujp8vj2)

Armbian_5.27_S805_Debian_jessie_3.10.33_server_20170324.img.xz

Working images with this device:

AlexELEC-S805.MXQ_V31.arm-2.2.3.img

LibreELEC-S805.m201d.arm-7.0.3.3c.img.gz

Hi balbes150 ,

This the case :

Tv box name : MXV S805 Smart Media Box ( 1gb ram and TF card , Power Button on top and Reset Button on bottom )

I had test :

http://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s805/8.0.2e/LibreELEC-S805.arm-8.0-8.0.2e-HD18Q.img.gz 

https://github.com/AlexELEC/AlexELEC-AML/releases/download/2.2.8/AlexELEC-S805.MXQ_V20.arm-2.2.8.img.gz

Both work fine . No Bluetooth but maybe are like that or have to learn how enable???

The  real thing is that I want to use Linux and I had test :

Armbian_5.27_S805_Debian_jessie_3.10.33_xfce_20170324.img.xz

Armbian_5.27_S805_Ubuntu_xenial_3.10.33_server_20170324.img.xz

I dd the image to microSD ( Something I found , the BOOT partition have not boot flags , I added with gparted ) and do the reset start and the screen show S805  logo them ... poweroff. Begin the dtb files testing get one from folder dtb-3.10.33 paste in the main BOOT partition and renamed dtb.img . But always the same boots logo and them poweroff  . And the logo shows only on the Xenial-server image , Jessie-xfce not show...

If you could help me and others that have same box??

Thanks! for the codes!

Hi,

I have a comigo quattro android box which came with a custom android that doesn't let me install apps.
I tried to install LibreELEC and Linux on it, but neither of them worked. 

Side note: this box doesn't have a microSD card slot, so I burned the images on a usb stick.

Thanks in advance! 

On 22.07.2017 at 1:30 AM, Titot said:

I dd the image to microSD ( Something I found , the BOOT partition have not boot flags , I added with gparted ) and do the reset start and the screen show S805  logo them ... poweroff. Begin the dtb files testing get one from folder dtb-3.10.33 paste in the main BOOT partition and renamed dtb.img . But always the same boots logo and them poweroff  . And the logo shows only on the Xenial-server image , Jessie-xfce not show...

How long are you waiting after turning on ?

What kind of monitor is connected to the TV box ?

On 24.07.2017 at 4:36 PM, unsigned said:

I have a comigo quattro android box which came with a custom android that doesn't let me install apps.
I tried to install LibreELEC and Linux on it, but neither of them worked. 

Side note: this box doesn't have a microSD card slot, so I burned the images on a usb stick.

As far as I know, no s805 trigger activation, multi-boot and run the system with the USB.

How long are you waiting after turning on ?

What kind of monitor is connected to the TV box ?

I wait 10 min maybe more. But I think it freeze or stay waiting for something ...

I connect to hdmi of TV.  ( I was trying to  use hdmi to dvi adapter for  monitor , only  alexelec and lakka works .   But right now I just want to see linux working... so, for later... )

I can only see the amlogic logo and noting else . I test all the dtb included on your folders . the most similar dtb  to my tv box model its the "m201_1G_old" but not the same. And perform difference . Some dtb poweroff tho red led the box and other the display turn off but blue led stays.  I attach the dts of the MXV box and that one as dtb , the blue led stays on. But nothing more ...

Let me know what  could I do ??

I post all the attachments on freaktab also .

meson8_mxv.dts.txt

The new version of images 20170815 to S805.

The principal changes.

Changed activation procedure HDMI. Now it is the same as in other images (s812\s9xxx).

Added the function of setting the system to internal memory. Pay attention, this feature has only been tested on two models - i5 (1GB \ 8GB eMMC) and Transpeed S898 (1GB \ 8GB NAND). For both models by using a single dtb file (meson8b_m201_1G.dtb) from the image.

Hi.

I have got "all black" MXQ (OTT MXQ) 

AM_MXQ_A 20150825 - on board

MXQ 2016-1-6 1G+8G - on sticker

I am using Armbian_5.32_S805_Ubuntu_xenial_3.10.33_mate_20170821 and it works with meson8b_m200_1G dtb version (other not tested).

It works fine but CPU freq. stand on 792MHz (no more no less) also in performance mode. YT not playable. Video test does not work smoothly.

Any solution?

Hi.

I have got "all black" MXQ (OTT MXQ) 

AM_MXQ_A 20150825 - on board

MXQ 2016-1-6 1G+8G - on sticker

I am using Armbian_5.32_S805_Ubuntu_xenial_3.10.33_mate_20170821 and it works with meson8b_m200_1G dtb version (other not tested).

It works fine but CPU freq. stand on 792MHz (no more no less) also in performance mode. YT not playable. Video test does not work smoothly.

Any solution?

There is no gpu hardware acceleration on these boxes, only software that doesn't require hardware acceleration will run smoothly, you can't watch videos unfortunately.

Sent from Tapatalk

On 01.09.2017 at 7:38 PM, Titot said:

or someone that could hw encode with this S805 armbian versions? knows how

For this you need to rebuild the kernel with the addition of MALI module, add the library libMali, compile the programs using the MALI.

12 hours ago, karkow said:

stand on 792MHz (no more no less) also in performance mode

To change you need to change the kernel configuration, add the settings and option.

12 hours ago, karkow said:

YT not playable. Video test does not work smoothly.

see the answer above for Titot

On 9/11/2017 at 3:47 AM, balbes150 said:

For this you need to rebuild the kernel with the addition of MALI module, add the library libMali, compile the programs using the MALI.

To change you need to change the kernel configuration, add the settings and option.

ok , Could you explain more detail ? Mali module where ?  libMali ?

5 hours ago, purplepumkin said:

Thank you balbes150 for your great work! I'm trying to boot your build on a 512MB m201d but I don't know which .dtb file to use. The m201d is not in there, is it just unsupported or am I forgetting some step? I can successfully boot LibreElec builds for the m201d but I prefer running clean debian/ubuntu. Thank you for any light you can shine on this.

m201d is the dtb file meson8b_m201C_512M.dts. Try options with m201C_512.

On 9/15/2017 at 10:22 AM, purplepumkin said:

Thanks for your answer, I have tried them both and no go on booting up sadly. No logo is displayed, it seems to do nothing at all. Just showing a black screen.

Edit: Not sure if it helps but I've attached the .dtb file from my LE build (r26217).

meson8b_m201d.dtb

Link of other kernel alternative  that work for my box . Test it ! Maybe its the same problem that I have with the original kernel. Its just for test , only one wifi mod.

https://mega.nz/#!0ORWWJ4A!N9aBjhHgXU2mTzk3jneBHWmRgWrZWOBmjUnZEJB1BpU

I use the extracted  Android dtb file modify to work with linux kernel . You can use meson8b_m201d.dtb you posted,  renamed to dtb.img . not the dtd .

Also you only reset once . If run LE reset for LE . if run Armbian reset once for ...

For me the process is device default logo  then screen goes off and them on and all the linux start info.

Here is other kernel  test it:

https://mega.nz/#!VSYF1aLI!OvuLNW1Lg1YH5S0UY33vCPyGaWs0Ac90D4m_t-V940g

Just now, purplepumkin said:

Seems some modules are missing to make all hardware work, but that's a matter of compiling the right stuff. I could do that myself but I have no idea which repo to clone and compile. I've compiled LE successfully and used to configuring and building kernels and modules. No modules are load or want to load. 

I am also testing , I am not expert in this things .

Here is the source of kernel:

https://github.com/kszaq/linux-amlogic/releases/download/3.10-6f2ca61/linux-amlogic-3.10-6f2ca61.tar.xz

Config file its attached , was from Balbes original config-3.10.33 with some changes.

Others kernels that I had test it and work  at least boot...

https://github.com/codesnake/linux-amlogic-old/releases/download/3.10-16a1118/linux-amlogic-3.10-16a1118.tar.xz   --3.10.61

https://github.com/arco/linux-amlogic/releases/tag/3.10-9263fa9 --3.10.105

If you install all in sdcard , for me ( maybe because its cheap card) but give errors ( input/output , ro ) and sometimes takes more time in the screen off and the on at the boot.

3.10.61.config

2 hours ago, purplepumkin said:

Thanks for all the info! 

For some reason balbes150's build boots now! Seems all hardware is working, at least ethernet is.

I don't understand how I can compile my own though. I tried both official and balbes150's repo but there's no S805 target.

target

vegas805

or start script ./compile.sh (run set menu)

Hello everyone i am new to armbian and really like the idea to install debian base distro on amlogic box . I have several s805 boxes m201d board unfortunately they don't have sd slot but i have manage to install libreelec on them through the android recovery menu. So can you help me on how to install armbian on this box is it possible to install armbian on box without sd card ??

22 hours ago, verb said:

Hello everyone i am new to armbian and really like the idea to install debian base distro on amlogic box . I have several s805 boxes m201d board unfortunately they don't have sd slot but i have manage to install libreelec on them through the android recovery menu. So can you help me on how to install armbian on this box is it possible to install armbian on box without sd card ??

I think it's possible, but would require the creation of additional scripts. Upgrading to the LE you did with the USB stick ?

Hello balbes150 yes i did the upgrade via USB stick the version i use to install was this  also i had serious problems with libreelec after some time (1-2min or less) it freezes until i found that i have to change /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor to hotplug. Can you help me to install armbian with the USB stick ?