Armbian for Amlogic S805

jongerenchaos

On 3/30/2018 at 1:00 PM, balbes150 said:

Update images 5.41 20180330.

The updated kernel.

Pay attention, changed the structure of the placement of the images on the website. They are now located in the version directories.

I have problems after instaling 5.41 20180330.  ubuntu server  image here is the log from uart : https://pastebin.com/raw/qLb4Kd9M 

and here some pics from console : https://pasteboard.co/HeBhPXa.jpg

->  https://pasteboard.co/HeBjEwq.jpg

Sorry for bad pic quality . Also i do the install via uart with these commands :

usb start

fatload usb 0 11000000 aml_autoscript

autoscr 11000000

ps : the installtonand script goes without any issue but after that i am not able to boot from nand if i remove the flash drive

2 hours ago, balbes150 said:

You do not have root mounted, so the system does not start.

I saw that but i dont understand  why it fails to mount /dev/data  and i go through the same steps with armbian 5.37 and it works fine.

balbes150:

I know that you don't activate this on the kernel but the error is in both version , original kernel (not activate) and my customize activate amvenc version.

I test the last 3.41 and almost all work fine but I need to resolve this:

[    7.016148] amvenc_avc memory resource undefined.
[    7.020853] amvenc_avc memory is invaild, probe fail!
[    7.025528] amvenc_avc: probe of amvenc_avc.0 failed with error -14

I had test all the dtbs that work on my device but don't resolve the error! How?

On 9/11/2017 at 3:47 AM, balbes150 said:

For this you need to rebuild the kernel with the addition of MALI module, add the library libMali, compile the programs using the MALI.

To change you need to change the kernel configuration, add the settings and option.

see the answer above for Titot

Is this part of the LibreELEC build? 

That boots from SD card, and Kodi plays youtube smoothly with an add-on.

I've just started to read up on this topic, bear with me, please.

balbes150 or other dev...

I use the  xenial version , the last one .

Problem with mono audio of video  files plays bad , like fastfoard and sound weird like cartoons voices. I try it on mpv and ffplay both same result. I know  that mono audio sounds fine with this device beacause with libreelec sound right.

Where I need to start?

Good night!

First of all i´d like to thank everyone for the great work in porting armbian to the S805 boxes.

I used the vesas805 base and some previous experience with libreelec to make a quite stable, wifi and ethernet supporting and nice ROM for my S805 boxes.

I have an issue tough, i tried to get the LIMA driver or the binary MALI driver and neither of them gives me a functional acceleration. (No youtube for example)

Someone has any experience on it?

Thanks!

(I could upload my server image if someone wants it)

PS: How do i select the packages that are gonna be installed into the new ROM?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, TheDrode said:

I have an issue tough, i tried to get the LIMA driver or the binary MALI driver and neither of them gives me a functional acceleration. (No youtube for example)

Someone has any experience on it?

If you use the fbdev Mali drivers, you may need to build the programs themselves (the browser or media player through which the video is played) with support for acceleration.To speed up X11 you need library libMali-X11 (and the corresponding changes in the system).

2 hours ago, TheDrode said:

Upload the image, it will be useful for users.

3 hours ago, TheDrode said:

PS: How do i select the packages that are gonna be installed into the new ROM? 

It is not clear what you want to do.

1 minute ago, balbes150 said:

If you use the fbdev Mali drivers, you may need to build the programs themselves (the browser or media player through which the video is played) with support for acceleration.To speed up X11 you need library libMali-X11 (and the corresponding changes in the system).

Do you have a link to a version known to work?

1 minute ago, balbes150 said:

Upload the image, it will be useful for users.

OK, tomorrow will do a clean build and upload.

It is not clear what you want to do.

When you are working with desktop debian you can use tasksel to customize the packages included into the distro. Something similar in armbian build?

On 5/22/2018 at 6:01 AM, balbes150 said:

Update image Armbian for s805 ver 5.44 20180521.

Any change on the kernel? expecialy the " amenc memory error " that I mention before?

Any plans for video player with hardware accelerate? like odroid c2play or buildroot bootplayer or kplayer ? I test the bootplayer in the buildroot img and works with audio. But in armbian plays but no audio.

Thanks for the images!

10 hours ago, Titot said:

Any change on the kernel? expecialy the " amenc memory error " that I mention before?

The core is the same.

10 hours ago, Titot said:

Any plans for video player with hardware accelerate? like odroid c2play or buildroot bootplayer or kplayer ? I test the bootplayer in the buildroot img and works with audio. But in armbian plays but no audio.

A lot of plans, but .... in no time at all.

I built a test image with the kernel 4.17-next. I'm interested to know how it will behave on the s805. Preferably with UART console.

https://yadi.sk/d/neDiejOb3WaeUu

On May 24, 2018 at 11:24 PM, TheDrode said:

Thanks!

Where do you upload the image with the mali X11 ?? I want to test it!

23 minutes ago, balbes150 said:

Question. Does anyone have a s805-based TV box with a connected UART console ?

I imagine on some boxes, it should be possible to find some debug Solder points with TTL signals.

Then with an USB logic analyzer, confirm it's UART bus.

Then solder pins to plug TTL UART.

Trulio

9 minutes ago, trulio said:

I imagine on some boxes, it should be possible to find some debug Solder points with TTL signals.

Then with an USB logic analyzer, confirm it's UART bus.

Then solder pins to plug TTL UART.

I know how to connect the UART. I am looking for testing users, with s805, who have a UART console connected.

On 5/29/2018 at 9:19 AM, balbes150 said:

I know how to connect the UART. I am looking for testing users, with s805, who have a UART console connected.

I dont have connected and dont have usb cable . I only have computer with serial rs232 and raspi 1. But this my only tv box so I want to see more development.

What specific things I need to connect and beging to test?

8 hours ago, balbes150 said:

What version of the dtb file do you use to run Armbian ?

I use regulary the one comes with the android installed on my box "meson8b_mxv.dtb". Works also with "meson8b_hd180.dtb" . I talking about kernel 3.10...

Check the image below and let me know what color of the rectangle is the one with the uart connections? I had been searching and raspi can be use for see the uarts outputs.

uartports.jpg

back-uartports.jpg

On 5/29/2018 at 7:43 AM, balbes150 said:

I have a red stripe MXQ with serial connected, currently running armbian stretch server (5.41) using the MXQ dtb file.

14 hours ago, Titot said:

Check the image below and let me know what color of the rectangle is the one with the uart connections? I had been searching and raspi can be use for see the uarts outputs. 

I can assume that this is a rectangle marked in yellow (but this is only a guess and probably not correct, be careful). For UART, a 4-pin connector is typically used (which uses only 3 pins). In the photo (yellow rectangle) two rows of 4 contacts. I don't know which of the contact rows to refer to UART. Show a photo of the entire Board at the top to try to find labels that describe the purpose of the connectors. Typically, the first 3 contacts are used in the UART connector (the count is from the square contact). The square pin is the ground, the two internal pins are Rx and Tx (or Vice versa Tx and Rx). If you connect and configure and there is no output to the screen in the UART console, you can try to swap the connection to Tx and Rx.

10 hours ago, entaled said:

I have a red stripe MXQ with serial connected, currently running armbian stretch server (5.41) using the MXQ dtb file. 

Can you show the UART log of the last Armbian image?

On 6/1/2018 at 12:57 AM, balbes150 said:

I can assume that this is a rectangle marked in yellow (but this is only a guess and probably not correct, be careful). For UART, a 4-pin connector is typically used (which uses only 3 pins). In the photo (yellow rectangle) two rows of 4 contacts. I don't know which of the contact rows to refer to UART. Show a photo of the entire Board at the top to try to find labels that describe the purpose of the connectors. Typically, the first 3 contacts are used in the UART connector (the count is from the square contact). The square pin is the ground, the two internal pins are Rx and Tx (or Vice versa Tx and Rx). If you connect and configure and there is no output to the screen in the UART console, you can try to swap the connection to Tx and Rx.

Can you show the UART log of the last Armbian image?

Sure, do you mean the dirty server test image?

edit: read back a bit and it seems that's what you wanted. here's the boot log. I left it for a bit but it won't fully boot, the crash is just looping.

https://ptpb.pw/tDE8

screenlog.0

On 5/29/2018 at 2:43 PM, balbes150 said:

Yes, I have an UART, tell me which new version I should test.

I'm here after a few months, so my last version was from january 2018. 

I hope you can help me then with 3 USB ports + WiFi hanged on internal USB hub GL850G (they didn't work in version from january 2018).

What I know (or I guess) the hub's RESET signal is probably connected to GPIOAO_5 .  And I'm sure (I measured it) the RESET of hub is still in L, so the hub can't start to work.

(In device tree of working old android 4.4.2 version is:  gpio-vbus-power = "GPIOAO_5"; )

MXQarimak.JPG

well, for now I'm with new Armbian_5.44_S805_Ubuntu_bionic_3.10.108_mate_20180523.img version. 

The problem with internal USB hub GL850G is still there. Can't see it in lsusb -t

root@vegas805:~# lsusb -t
/:  Bus 02.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=dwc_otg/1p, 480M
    |__ Port 1: Dev 2, If 0, Class=Human Interface Device, Driver=usbhid, 1.5M
    |__ Port 1: Dev 2, If 1, Class=Human Interface Device, Driver=usbhid, 1.5M
/:  Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=dwc_otg/1p, 480M

Two devices hanged on Bus02:Dev1 (USB OTG) is Genius Keyboard+Mouse set.

USB hub should be seen hanged on Bus01:Dev1 (USB Host) and seen as something like:

05e3:0608 Genesys Logic, Inc. USB-2.0 4-Port HUB

plus on this hub should be seen hanged internal WiFi module Realtek 8188, and 3 external USB ports. (capacity of the GL850G is 4 ports).

12 hours ago, arimak said:

Yes, I have an UART, tell me which new version I should test.

I'm here after a few months, so my last version was from january 2018. 

I hope you can help me then with 3 USB ports + WiFi hanged on internal USB hub GL850G (they didn't work in version from january 2018).

What I know (or I guess) the hub's RESET signal is probably connected to GPIOAO_5 .  And I'm sure (I measured it) the RESET of hub is still in L, so the hub can't start to work.

(In device tree of working old android 4.4.2 version is:  gpio-vbus-power = "GPIOAO_5"; )

I put together a version Libreelec KODI-18 for S805 and Linux images with the main kernel, but I have only one "half-dead" device s805, at which the run system to panics (perhaps because of hardware faults). I am interested in the process of running these systems (with full logs from the start of u-boot) on other Board options.

To enable USB, try to decompile (in dts format) with utilite DTC, your dtb, where USB works and compare it with the decompiled dtb version from the latest image. If there is a difference, try to make the necessary changes to the new file and build the dtb from it.