H96 max 4, 32 wifi not work

vitaliy.burkut

Hi all!

I want to build home server on the this tvbox (H96 max)

I already burned the minimal version to emmc and its work fine. But wifi no :( (and led display too, but its no mater )

img and instruction  was geting  in:

I want to fix wifi problem, but not know from what I should to begin

I have information:

Multitool write in the header : Wifi device: Broadcom BCM4334/Ampack ap6334 id:02d0:4334

but wlan0 device not exists

dmesg | grep bcm:

brcmfmac:brcfm_fw_alloc_request: unknow chip bcm43342/1

I tried to move firmWare  like in 

but it not give me some result :(

If it will be necessary i will geting full dmesg log later

pictures + dmesg.logs

Скрытый текст

IMG_20211025_174117.thumb.jpg.7f99dd1062ec753ceed466845d357a3a.jpgIMG_20211029_173756.jpg

IMG_20211029_143307.jpgIMG_20211101_084316.jpgIMG_20211101_084438.jpg

dmesg.log dmesg_option1.log

Hi @jock!

Thank you for your feedback.

I tried all of the options from rk3318-config. it was not helpfull.

I see that all of option in rk3318-config use the the *wlan-ap6334 overlays. I tried to change it in /boot/armbianEnv.txt to *wlan-ap6330 (like on android. see 1st image (it was reloading)).

I think the load process was broken on some earlier steep, with message : brcmfmac: brcmf_fw_alloc_request: Unknown chip BCM43342/1 (full log was attached).

Thank on advance for your help

How I found, the message "Unknown chip BCM43342/1"  generating  in "static u32 brcmf_chip_tcm_rambase(struct brcmf_chip_priv *ci)" I look at  in https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/drivers/net/wireless/broadcom/brcm80211/brcmfmac/chip.c#L703

It means that in need to make new build of brcmfmac and add into brcmf_chip_tcm_rambase new ID (but i dont know which one)

Hello, yes I think you're right about the chip: it is not recognized at all by the brcmfmac driver.

It seems to be a variant of bcm4334 and not yet in the brcmfmac table.

Not sure if adding it will just let the driver recognize and work, it depends on what is so much different that requires a new chip variant.

About compiling the module, I'm not sure sure if you already can, because there is the need for kernel headers of your specific kernel version that are not included into regular images.

You may try and take a look in this directory: https://users.armbian.com/jock/rk3318/upgrade/ and install just the kernel headers package.

I don't remember if the packages there are already up to date with the latest published image.

In case they are not, we need a new kernel and new kernel headers package I can provide for you.

Good day all!

I started to discover the problem from the attempt to extract dts and dto files from backup.  And this task  was not easy for me (I still can not to do it). But I found a workaround for my main purpose. I just install TERMUX + termux:boot (https://termux.com/) on the native firmware and got what  I need (octoprint).

@jock thank you again for your img and feadback