How to extent the amount of text I can paste into the terminal.

Joelh
Go to solution Solved by Joelh,

Hi,  I hope this is the right place to post this question.

I just installed Armbian onto a Odroid XU4 and it looks great but I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out why I can't paste more than about 146 characters into the terminal.  I'm logged in over SSH.  I'm trying to create a text file by pasting the contents in from my mac's clipboard and every time it only pasts the last ~140 characters of the text.  I've tried everything and searched everywhere and can't figure out where this is being limited.  Any help would be greatly appreciated : )  Joel.

• Solution

Update on this.  I am using a SSH tool called vSSH on my Mac.  I tried connecting from the standard Mac terminal and I have no problem pasting in a larger block of text so it must be something to do with the vSSH program.  I don't have this issue with any other servers but glad I figured it out.

I don't know what vSSH is but I would just use standard command line tools.  Apple OS is after all just BSD with some GUI skinning and other stuff on top.

I guess I am a little surprised the ssh program was the issue, I was going to suggest to use a different terminal emulator as I suspected that may be the problem.  But maybe vSSH is a terminal emulator (I did not bother searching it up).

Anyway, glad you got it working.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.