H6 Internal PHY eth0

tt_soft

Not easy. You would need some kernel patches and enabled additional drivers. As far as I can see there is no H6 board supported by Armbian which uses internal PHY. I can give you general instructions what to do, if you want.

19 hours ago, jernej said:

If so, you just need to copy ethernet part in DT.

I have convert  "sun50i-h6-orangepi-3.dtb" to dts edit ethernet part (copy from " sun50i-h6-tanix-tx6" ) and convert back to DTB with

dtc -I dtb -O dts  ...>

dtc -I dts -O dtb  <...

this is TX6 ETH part:

ethernet@5020000 {
			compatible = "allwinner,sun50i-h6-emac\0allwinner,sun50i-a64-emac";
			syscon = < 0x28 >;
			reg = < 0x5020000 0x10000 >;
			interrupts = < 0x00 0x0c 0x04 >;
			interrupt-names = "macirq";
			resets = < 0x04 0x21 >;
			reset-names = "stmmaceth";
			clocks = < 0x04 0x54 >;
			clock-names = "stmmaceth";
			status = "okay";
			pinctrl-names = "default";
			pinctrl-0 = < 0x29 >;
			phy-mode = "rmii";
			phy-handle = < 0x2a >;
			phandle = < 0x69 >;

mdio {
				compatible = "snps,dwmac-mdio";
				#address-cells = < 0x01 >;
				#size-cells = < 0x00 >;
				phandle = < 0x6a >;

ethernet-phy@1 {
					compatible = "ethernet-phy-ieee802.3-c22";
					reg = < 0x01 >;
					phandle = < 0x2a >;
				};
			};
		};

But get three errors (conflict) with:

1. phandle = < 0x69 >;

2. phandle = < 0x6a >;

3. phandle = < 0x2a >;

56 minutes ago, jernej said:

of course, unless you really know what you're doing, it's much easier to create patch for kernel (where DT resides) and build Armbian image with it.

I have no idea how to do this. :(

Can you help?

@tt_soft Have you read the TV Box club faq post on the current status of TV Boxes in the Armbian community?  https://forum.armbian.com/topic/16976-status-of-armbian-on-tv-boxes-please-read-first

The only TV Box cpu that has an active 'maintainer' is the Rockchip cpu.  While I try my best with amlogic cpu questions as I have a number of amlogic based boxes, no one currently active in the forums is helping others with allwinner questions.

To answer your question on dtbs, yes that is probably the most difficult part of supporting these TV boxes.  I have been involved for about two years with armbian, and while I have learned a lot during that time, dtbs are still the area that i have no functional knowledge about.  The problem lies in the fact that to construct a proper dtb you need intimate knowledge of the hardware, but no tv box manufacturer publishes or offers the information about the boxes they build.  So it is all guess work which no one has the desire to waste their time on when there are so many needs elsewhere in the armbian community for development resources.