Latest Duo Focal still not booting.

sgjava

Armbian_21.05.1_Nanopiduo_focal_current_5.10.34.img boots (updating via apt upgrade also causes it not to boot any more)
Armbian_21.08.1_Nanopiduo_focal_current_5.10.60.img does not

When I examine the SD card it hasn't expended from image (makes sense since the heartbeat never starts).

@WernerOK, I finally figured this out and it's not my wiring job :) What's happening is the Duo uses DRX pin (debug receive) for PWM, so if I wire up a LED it will not boot. If I remove that wire it will boot up. After it boots I can connect wire and it will work as expected, so something changed in Armbian_21.08.1_Nanopiduo_focal_current_5.10.60.img. I suspect that no one noticed this unless they were doing hardware PWM, I guess I need to disable serial console?

OK, so I tried console=none, the getty disable ttyS0 trick, etc. Most of the posts indicate you need to make a change and recompile the kernel. I don't have time for that, but for multi function pins this should work like it did in the previous releases.