OrangePi PC + Zoneminder

Antonio D'Apoli

It looks super nice, but dunno so you needed 3 arm boards. Maybe its better to buy 1 intel-pc-stick  :) , what do you think  :D.

- 1 RPI and 1 Lamobo = 2

- I would bet RPI for image processing capabilities and Lamobo for SATA

Thats the problem with cheap cards : you have to make a choice for available hardware and must do with what exists.

Everything depends on what do you need. I required two 1280x720 cameras at 10FPS, three 640x480. The reason was, that our old dual core xenon server was overloaded, so I tried to move the system to ARM. But generally, if you dont need so high framerate, one board should be enough for several cameras.

For zoneminder is one important rule - more cores are better :) Other things you can tune up by software. Thats my experience.

But finally I replaced dual core xenon by quad core xenon and the system load drops down to 10%.

PM

I have one OrangePiPc with an ip camera, resolution 1280 * 720 and 5fps. The processor load is 5%. Only problem zoneminder not updated to version 1.30, and I'm not going to do it manually because the system is fully functioning for months without any problem.

1.29 is good and stable, it was big step forward from previous version.

Any more update on this? I also have OPI PC with 32GB and want to install Zoneminder. Been reading around and it requires you to update upgrade and I believed I did once and got a message saying i'm out of storage.  My intention for OPiPC is for it to be on so I can record my camera. My newest 1080p doesn't have DNS built in like many others. 

By what i'm reading above, zoneminder works with OPiPC just difficult to setup?  I could tackle that.

Zoneminder ROCKS.

On Armbian

sudo apt-get install zoneminder 

Should get you all the dependencies, etc. If you have to have the latest, let me know how the compile goes, I've never tried. The version you get with apt is fairly recent but stable.

It's on my list of things to try, but it should be doable. The Zoneminder site is very good and Armbian appears to have implemented it well.  Do a lot of reading. But once you can meet the web page interface you should be fine.

On x86 hardware there are a lot of various capture cards but on arm you're kind of stuck with usb and ip so it's doubtful you'll capture analog or TVI / CVI video. IP cams are better anyway and there are tons of good usb ones. I have an original OPi but I plan on doing this on an Odroid HC1.