Help with analog audio jack

RagnerBG

Hello, i have some troubles with analog out of my Orange Pi PC. I thought i have the right cable which is assembled similar to this way:

av-pinouts-zune.jpg

or more like this:

QTkwY.jpg

But i almost break my device plugin it. This what have to be right channel (red) and pin 2 in the first picture, is shorted with pin 1 to GND when plugged. This confuse me a little, because the other way have to be similar to this:

4polecable.jpg

So before i resolder it this way, if anyone knows the correct order of jack pins, or have the right cable and can measure it, please let me know.

Both the schematic and multimeter test with solderable TRRS jack confirm that sleeve (pin 1 from first picture) is the ground and first ring (pin 2 from first picture) should be video signal, so you need to have the first configuration

(1 = ground, 2 = video, 3 = right, 4 = left)

I have the cable from WD TV Live set-top box, and it uses compatible configuration (1 = common ground, 2 = right, 3 = left, 4 = video signal), if you don't count wrong connector colors.

Thank you for your answer. It's appears my multimeter low battery is causing strange measurements :angry: . So you are right, this is the correct order and looks like i have the correct cable. I guess, i've made some major stupidity to use video out as one of audio channels. One of those days ;) .