PINE64 Quartz64

balbes150

6 минут назад, lanefu сказал:

Pinenote def more work.

If I'm not confused, it's not a phone, it's a tablet :)

10 минут назад, lanefu сказал:

CSC is fine

If the other developers have no objections, I will create a PR

Especially for this device, I have already put together a test version with the main kernel and the main u-boot. :)

25 minutes ago, balbes150 said:

A question about Quartz64. Can I create a PR for CSC or do we not support it in any form ?

CSC is something we officially not associate with, but since you are asking - reasons for pro and con should be formed in the table. That will help to decide what to do without much additional thinking. Once we get some overview on the situation for particular hardware it's much easier and safer - to decide.

2 часа назад, Igor сказал:

We have to be united no matter how much time someone spent and what role one plays in this project. To have some basic conditions ...

Everything necessary for CSC is already there and I can send PR to the general build system (I have all the necessary changes in the build system to get working images with the main kernel and the main u-boot for quartz64). I have not published these changes anywhere in the build system, only one ready-made test image to check how it works. My question was related to having a common position on supporting this model.

I recently received a sample of Quartz64. I have added CSC level support for Quartz64a to the ArmbianTV build system, after checking and testing, I plan to send a PR with these changes to the official Armbian build system.

The first test images for Quartz64 can be found at the link.

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/xMVoaZXFFcWuog

1 час назад, thc013 сказал:

yeah that is just mainline kernel would be weird if it need testing after so long time

where is the dowmstream kernel ?

you contradict yourself if the main kernel (as you claim) is working and tested, therefore there is no need for an old BSP kernel for Quartz64.

Updating images 20220317 (edge 5.17 and current 5.16).

The operation of the standard procedure for installing the system on eMMC via armbian-config has been verified (i.e. you can install the system on eMMC directly on the Quartz64 itself, no additional adapter is needed to write the eMMC module via USB).

Added support for starting the system from USB media. This greatly simplifies and expands the possibilities of running different systems (for example, during testing). Now you can use not only SD cards, but also any USB media to start (and/or work). For example, I installed and configured the Armbian working system on eMMC (with support for launching from USB) and now I easily launch other Armbian test images from ordinary USB flash drives, which is much easier to handle (no card readers are needed to write SD cards, the cost of USB flash drives is much lower and the choice of which models to use \ buy is much wider).

Good news. A test version of the Armbian+EDK2 system (UEFI\grub) is available.

To use this option.

Download the EDK2 image.

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/kK6KIqHShRHLyw

Unpack and burn to SD card.

Download the Armbian image (kernel 6.1.0-rc7),

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/n_LneErcHLCQGg

unpack and burn it to a USB drive (8-16GB flash drives are recommended, I haven't checked other options).

Connect the SD card (eMMC should be disabled), connect the USB flash drive to the lower USB 2.0 port (other ports may work, I have not tested). Turn on the power.

If the system does not start immediately, go to settings and select the device to start.

On the EDK2 boot screen saver, select "Maintaining Manager boot" in the menu item and configure the device used for startup in it (change "none" to "UEFI ...."). Select Reset. If you did everything correctly, after restarting EDK2, you will receive a GRUB menu with a choice of system\kernel.

If you do not select anything, the default system will be started in 5 seconds, and in 10-20 seconds (depending on the type of USB flash drive) there will be a standard Armbian customizer for the first launch.

If desired, you can place the entire system on an SD card, but additional steps will be required at startup.

Please note, according to the documentation, the UART console in this version of EDK2 runs at a speed of 155200n8

At startup, the kernel switches the UART console to the correct value for RK (1500000) and you can monitor the kernel startup process and control the system through the UART console.

That is, the parameters 115200 can only be useful for viewing the primary output from EDK2 itself, but this is only necessary for developers, for ordinary users, kernel output and system management are more useful, so I recommend using the standard value for Rockchip of 150000.

https://github.com/150balbes/edk2_uefi

I am attempting to run Armbian on a Pine64 Quartz64.  I understand it is not officially supported so I'm hoping a kind community member might be able to help me.  Here's where I am at...

I found: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=16312 which links to https://users.armbian.com/balbes150/quartz64/  from there, there are a number of relatively recent disk images Quartz64 model A boards.  I am able to get just about any of them functioning; e.g. burned to emmc or sd, and the board is able to boot.  The two issues that I have noticed are:

1. The board is an 8GB mem board, but for some of the images, it appears to the system to only have 2GB
  2. General performance for any of the images is abysmal

Thanks in advance for the help...

Hi,

I confirm that EDK2-EFI works well on quartz64-a. I burnt the latest image on sd card, then I used armbian-config to install it on emmc. After reboot I saw efi screen and grub menu and it starts well directly from emmc.

Well done!👏

I'll make additional testing now, but don't hesitate to ask if you need more feedbacks.

10 часов назад, jeanrhum сказал:

I'll make additional testing now, but don't hesitate to ask if you need more feedbacks.

Do you have an NVMe module ? It is advisable to check the system startup from all USB ports of the system with EDK2 (if Ubuntu is installed on eMMC, write it to a Debian USB flash drive or vice versa, so that it would be easier to determine which system is starting). After starting the system from USB, update the grub  menu in the startup menu, the system on eMMC should appear and then check the selection and launch of systems with eMMC.