Deboostrap / image creation

Igor

I am doing test builds and I notice some strange behaviour. 

First boot is very short and it resets, than we got this: (Orangepi  PC+ / legacy / jessie CLI)

20160907_135842.jpg

What was changed / break here? Is this related to my build host?

I got the same issue this morning (Opi PC /Jessie legacy /desktop), after a reboot (done by cutting off power) i could log in . There are several warning messages during boot process e.g. detected errors on file system. (yes, it is a samsung evo card)

(BTW mpv is gone and pulseaudio is something i really do not like for audio.... :( )

I am using Linux and Audio for over 8 years now and  i  do not agree with you at this point.

I'm not talking about experienced users here, they surely will easily find a way to bypass or remove PA.

Most of inexperienced users don't care how their audio subsystem is called (unless you tell them "hey, it's PulseAudio, it was crap several years ago, but people still hate it, maybe you should hate it too").

Default ALSA configuration (without dmix) allows only exclusive access, and requires fiddling with config files or application settings to switch default output device. Look here for an example and then think about trying to explain this to a person who is not experienced with Linux and bought one of Orange boards (for example) just because it's so cheap.

I'll try to check this today, meanwhile please test a couple of other boards and configurations and try to catch output from first boot (i.e. on serial console) if the problem can be reproduced.

Can't do much at the moment - got sick and having a bed time :(, perhaps tomorrow. At least we are one step further - it's not happening only to me. 

One more thing regarding this - image for Jessie 3.4.112 desktop looks that it's too small.

That thing was fixed, but even in bed I found another problem :)

[ .... ] Building package 
dpkg-buildpackage: source package libvdpau-sunxi
dpkg-buildpackage: source version 0.5.1~armbian5.17+1
dpkg-buildpackage: source distribution UNRELEASED
dpkg-buildpackage: source changed by Igor Pecovnik <igor.pecovnik@****l.com>
dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture armhf
dpkg-buildpackage: warning: debian/rules is not executable; fixing that
 dpkg-source --before-build libvdpau-sunxi
dpkg-checkbuilddeps: Unmet build dependencies: libcedrus1-dev
dpkg-buildpackage: warning: build dependencies/conflicts unsatisfied; aborting
dpkg-buildpackage: warning: (Use -d flag to override.)
[ error ] Failed building [ libvdpau-sunxi jessie armhf ]