Orange Pi3 lts

igorh

Hi guys,

First of all, thank you for this amazing project. Armbian rulez.

Do you guys have any update on this "reboot" issue?

What I did notice when using the Armbian build compared to the official Orange PI 3 LTS Debian build is that sometimes when I use "sudo reboot" the Armbian system wouldn't come back online.  Other times the ETH port lights doesn't come on and doesn't work when the system starts up.  There seems to be some extra u-boot config needed in the Armbian build to reliably reboot.  I see this is a fairly common problem that happened with many other Orange PI boards on Armbian and have been fixed.

I have some boards that execute "sudo shutdown -r now" command some times and they also doesn't come back sometimes.   

I've also seen that there is a Jira ticket open that probably relates to this. I didn't found how Armbian uses Jira and the Jira issue doesn't have any description, so not sure if I can dig more information there. The issue:
https://armbian.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1157

I was also having this problem with and old OPI stock OS (downloaded on June of this year so is not the overhauled OPI OS) but couldn't debug it as it was remote. I've have a board locally now, flashed an Armbian 22.08.02 image on the SD Card with bullseye current 5.15.69-sunxi64 and plugged an HDMI monitor.  

I've made the `update` and `apt upgrade` on it and the distro upgraded to 22.08.08. I've add a crontab that restarts the SBC every 5 minutes. After some minutes, it doesn't restart anymore. 

I could experience two situations with this problem:  

1) The board turn off the green led and the screen keeps black forever. The CPU and the power supply case keeps hot, above normal operation. If I hold power button for 5 seconds (so I think it forces cold shutdown) and then hold again for 2 seconds, the boards then starts normally (turn on the green led and the screen show boot log)

2) The screen show the shutdown log but stop forever and the two last messages are always the same (below). Temperature and restart button behavior is equal to situation "1". The messages:  

[uptime..] systemd-shutdown[1]: Waiting for process: grep, lscpu

[uptime..] systemd-shutdown[1]: Waiting for process: lscpu, grep

The problem on 2 is reported for Linux mainstream in many places on internet, but all related to slow shutdown process, not shutdown hanging. 

Any tips here? It seems that @Ukhellfire is away.

On 11/1/2022 at 5:59 PM, rodrigobrochado said:

1) The board turn off the green led and the screen keeps black forever. The CPU and the power supply case keeps hot, above normal operation. If I hold power button for 5 seconds (so I think it forces cold shutdown) and then hold again for 2 seconds, the boards then starts normally (turn on the green led and the screen show boot log)

I found the same restart problem.  If I take the latest official Orange PI debian bullseye image and copy /boot/dtb/allwinner/sun50i-h6-orangepi-3-lts.dtb and the /boot/dtb/allwinner/overlay/*h6* files to the Armbian debian bullseye image (5.1 kernel downloadable under archive, not latest) then the reboot problem is resolved.