Phoenix Suite 1.10

Club AC-News

Hi,

I have installed the phoenix suite on a windows seven 64 bits.

I start the phoenix suite et make the cubietruck in the mode to flash the nand. Phoenix Suite detect not the cubieboard. It's normal ?

How transform your raw file in .img because the phoenix suite accept only the img file ?

Is there another method to flash the nand ?

Thanks

François

My images are not designed to be installed directly to NAND because in this case they must be prepared in some Allwinner specific / nonstandard way. A complete waste of time from my perspective.

Yes, there is another way. Create a SD card, plug it into Cubie, power on and wait for one automatic restart. Login as root and run my "Sata NAND install tool" which resist in /root directory. Simply follow the guide.

Use image with kernel 3.4.10x which is the only one that supports NAND. At the moment.

Hi,

First I have use the image with kernel 3.4.107 wheesy. I have applied the Sata NAND install to a 1To DD. Its possible to start the CubieTruk now with not SD ? How make it ?

Second : I want enable the leds blinkink but the /boot/script.bin is not a script. I can't modifie anythink.

Thanks

François

Hi,

First I have use the image with kernel 3.4.107 wheesy. I have applied the Sata NAND install to a 1To DD. Its possible to start the CubieTruk now with not SD ? How make it ?

https://github.com/igorpecovnik/lib/blob/next/documentation/general-faq.md#how-to-install-to-nand-sata--usb

If the install was successful you remove the card and it should boot from NAND. In minor cases you might need to fix boot record on NAND. Follow instructions under FAQ.

I want enable the leds blinkink but the /boot/script.bin is not a script. I can't modifie anythink.

You need to de-compile with:

bin2fex script.bin script.fex

You can edit the .fex file. Check this guide: http://linux-sunxi.org/Fex_Guide

When you done.

fex2bin script.fex script.bin

Reboot.

Ok, Thanks

The http://linux-sunxi.org/Fex_Guide#led_configurationexplain not good the editing led section.

Because at the first startup of the Cubietruk the green led blink, I suppose than edit the other line for led 1 to 3 to "leds_default_3 = 1"

Luckily I copied my sd in another sd before starting installtion because I will not start without the SD currently. I have already installed all my web server and the site.
I will restart the procedure a second time and then try to restart without SD

Thanks

hI,

I have find for the led blinking. It's good for me. Thanks.

For the reboot without the SD after an ./nand-sata-install It's not good. The cubie start not.

In this operation, i have two choice (see install 1.png).

- If I select the /dev/nand2, it say me than the nand is not partitioned (see install 2.png). It's make nothink

- If I delect the /dev/sda1 (my DD), it's start to format et copying the files. At the end, a window say me to press ok for reboot. I have the SD in the cubie. The cubie reboot, I halt it, I remove the sd and start the cubie . There is nothing going on especially since I activated the flashing LED to check the boot.

I missed a step ?
If it is necessary to partition the nand , coment do?

If I can start without the SD and work with DD , I will be fully operational for the future. It's just this step that blocks me .

Thanks very much

François

post-28-0-57148700-1433018189_thumb.png

post-28-0-97263300-1433018197_thumb.png

hI,

I have find for the led blinking. It's good for me. Thanks.

For the reboot without the SD after an ./nand-sata-install It's not good. The cubie start not.

In this operation, i have two choice (see install 1.png).

- If I select the /dev/nand2, it say me than the nand is not partitioned (see install 2.png). It's make nothink

- If I delect the /dev/sda1 (my DD), it's start to format et copying the files. At the end, a window say me to press ok for reboot. I have the SD in the cubie. The cubie reboot, I halt it, I remove the sd and start the cubie . There is nothing going on especially since I activated the flashing LED to check the boot.

I missed a step ?

If it is necessary to partition the nand , coment do?

If I can start without the SD and work with DD , I will be fully operational for the future. It's just this step that blocks me .

Thanks very much

François

1. You found a bug :) . If NAND was not used before the script got stuck ... here is a workaround which will create two partitions on your NAND:

(echo y;) | nand-part -f a20 /dev/nand 32768 'bootloader 32768' 'rootfs 0'

Run the install script again and it should work fine. It will ask to reboot once, than you need to start the script again ... it will take several minutes for copying.

2. This is normal. If you don't have your system on NAND you can't boot without SD card. 

Do you want to boot from NAND and have system on DD? 

Than you need to boot from NAND and run this install script again to transfer it to DD. I know it's a bit stupid way but it works.

SD -> NAND -> DD

Hi Igor,

I have another problem.

I have applied your script for the bug and start again the script to install to nand. I go to the end but when the script halt the cubie, i remove the sd and start it again, the cubie doesn't start without the SD. I have make screen copy of the setps.

I have make 3 times the script nand install and it's same result at each.

Thanks

François

post-28-0-36268500-1433062241_thumb.png

post-28-0-23729400-1433062252_thumb.png

post-28-0-48758000-1433062260_thumb.png

post-28-0-09783300-1433062272_thumb.png

post-28-0-36281400-1433062289_thumb.png

Then it looks like your NAND is completely empty  :( Booting is depended from "boot footprint". Technical background and solution which needs to be implemented withing the script.

Fix for this was developed recently and has not been tested / implemented yet so there is only one thing you can do:

1. Install Lubuntu to NAND (or just any factory image) with Phoenix tools,  (do one test run just to make sure it boots from NAND, to exclude hardware error)

2. Boot from my SD image and repeat the whole NAND install procedure. You will not need to apply any extra commands.

You hit the worst install case scenario :huh:

HI Igor,

I have resolve my problem with your last post. It's ok with an image 3.4.107.

I want too test the image 4.05, at first time, with  the the SD. I have not a startup, not led and not connection with putty. This image start not on the same schema of the 3.4 ?

Thanks

François