Orange Pi4 Wireless, bluetooth and ethernet doesnt work after update

haajee

Hi everyone,

After the last armbian update with a new kernel does the internal networkcard not work anymore! Luckely does a USB NIC work and can i run everything but on only 100Mbps iwonstead of 1Gb of the internal NIC. What i remember did this problem also a few years ago happen. I have pasted all the required info to pastebin because armbianmonitor -u does not work. I got an error that network is not availble.

Thank you all for you support! :)

Edited by haajee

By plugging in the USB NIC i could ssh to the Orange Pi 4 again but did not a working internet connection. Probaply because the DNS server was not correct or something. Anyway i made the following change to got it working.

I did go to the dir /etc/NetworkManager/SystemConnections/

I renamed the file 'default' to '_old_default'.

There where also 2 files for the builtin NIC i think and my external NIC. So i renamed the internal NIC file to 'default' In the file edited the interfacename eth0 to the USB NIC enx000ec6c13633

After a reboot it works for now with the external NIC.

Maybe is the Internal NIC broken because there is a new Orange Pi 4 LTS with another ethernet chip?

I see also now that wifi and bluetooth doesn't work anymore after the update...

• haajee changed the title to Orange Pi4 Wireless, bluetooth and ethernet doesnt work after update
On 3/13/2022 at 2:23 PM, firedgje said:

I have the same issue since the update of kernel version 5.15. I have no network and no HDMI during the boot...

I'm using the first version of Orange PI 4 B.

Is it a way to solve by replacing only the kernel (or other file) on SD ?

I hope it would. But didn't get any anwser. So i did al full reinstall from zero. Sadly today again a update what brokes the whole thing down...!

On 3/13/2022 at 9:54 PM, laurentppol said:

I have "plain" OPi4 (not B, nor LTS), after todays update to 5.15.25 #22.02.1 Armbian Buster, network works fine. Didn't tested BT / WiFi / HDMI (during boot) as I don't use then on this box. May test later if someone needs.

\

Got exactly the same but with Focal. Today this update broke the whole system again after reboot:

Bezig met uitpakken van armbian-config (22.02.2) over (22.02.0-trunk.0004) ...
Uitpakken van .../armbian-firmware-full_22.02.2_all.deb wordt voorbereid...
Bezig met uitpakken van armbian-firmware-full (22.02.2) over (21.08.6) ...
Uitpakken van .../armbian-zsh_22.02.2_all.deb wordt voorbereid...
Bezig met uitpakken van armbian-zsh (22.02.2) over (22.02.1) ...

So i should install from scratch again... This time buster and hopefully the next updates would not broke the system again and again and again

I think that it maybe has to do something that my OS is on the USB drive...

Edit: ok, i know a lot more. Also if i enable I2C on armbian-config the system NIC stops working. Also on Focal and Bullseye and it doesn't make sense if i use a usb disk or not.

On 3/20/2022 at 3:38 AM, haajee said:

I hope it would. But didn't get any anwser. So i did al full reinstall from zero. Sadly today again a update what brokes the whole thing down...!

OK, thanks for the info. I will wait for a fix. If someone has a solution to manually fix the issue directly on SD card (as Ethernet is broken), I'm interested in order to recover my previous installation and configuration...

Thanks in advance for your help !

On orangepi 4 LTS wifi is not working on available debian cli img file
Noting wifi is working fine on orange pi 4 lts orangepi debian image (Linux 5.10.43 #3.0.0 aarch64 GNU/Linux)

Could not find any way to make it work, device not showing at all

Would be interested in any updates on this as well

5 minutes ago, lmdc45 said:

On orangepi 4 LTS wifi is not working on available debian cli img file
Noting wifi is working fine on orange pi 4 lts orangepi debian image (Linux 5.10.43 #3.0.0 aarch64 GNU/Linux)

Could not find any way to make it work, device not showing at all

Would be interested in any updates on this as well

This topic is about Orangepi4, not LTS. Those are different boards. OPi4LTS is not supported as this time.

On 4/20/2022 at 7:05 AM, Werner said:

This topic is about Orangepi4, not LTS. Those are different boards. OPi4LTS is not supported as this time.

Hi Werner, do you know if this problem is fixed? I have now freezed all Armbian updates because the whole system broke after a kernel update. But what i know this is a problem of all RK3399 boards?

Thank you for your answer :)

On 6/26/2022 at 4:39 PM, firedgje said:

So I finally tested the default jammy install ans it works but I have no HDMI sound.

Hmm, i don't use HDMI sound. But i got a new update today and not yet rebooted but got a trunk version???

Preparing to unpack .../0-curl_7.68.0-1ubuntu2.12_arm64.deb ...
Unpacking curl (7.68.0-1ubuntu2.12) over (7.68.0-1ubuntu2.11) ...
Preparing to unpack .../1-libcurl4_7.68.0-1ubuntu2.12_arm64.deb ...
Unpacking libcurl4:arm64 (7.68.0-1ubuntu2.12) over (7.68.0-1ubuntu2.11) ...
Preparing to unpack .../2-armbian-config_22.08.0-trunk.0038_all.deb ...
Unpacking armbian-config (22.08.0-trunk.0038) over (22.05.3) ...
Preparing to unpack .../3-armbian-firmware_22.08.0-trunk.0038_all.deb ...
Unpacking armbian-firmware (22.08.0-trunk.0038) over (22.05.3) ...
Preparing to unpack .../4-armbian-zsh_22.08.0-trunk.0038_all.deb ...
Unpacking armbian-zsh (22.08.0-trunk.0038) over (22.05.3) ...

Don't know if this is a good sign....

11 hours ago, haajee said:

Don't know if this is a good sign....

Me neither :lol:

Usually there should not be mixups between stable and nightly, no idea what happened. Did you change firmware to nightly via armbian-config or something?

Regardless from what I see here is that the bumps probably do not cause harm. You just get a slightly newer version of firmware package and unrelated stuff.

@haajee: I think I also seen this update. I have some issues sometime the board never starts, but I cannot see any logs as I have no Ethernet.

@Werner: In update configuration tool in Ubuntu, I cannot manage the apt repositories, I have just the default for Ubuntu and it was not the case before.

I can maybe directly modify the sources in config file (/etc/apt/sources.list) but that is stange...